cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AWS SAP HANA one license issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We have recovered SAP HANA one from last used instance , as explained in in blog http://www.saphana.com/community/blogs/blog/2013/09/26/sap-hana-one-migration-via-data-backup-and-re...

But after recovering old instance , studio doesn't connect for invalid license issue.

As explained in  "Step 6: Install License Key using Addon Manager"

We do not see addon for "HANA License key" in management console

Please advise....

Thanks & Regards,

Anup Singh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anup,

Can you kindly specify which HANA Version and AMI you were working on ? Also, what was the HANA Version of backup that you tried to restore on this version?

thanks,

Dhruman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhruman,

HANA version is same for backed up (old) instance and restored (new) instance (1.00.70.00.386119)

I have send you message for AMI ID's for old and Restored instance

Thanks & Regards,

Anup Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

I just replied to your question on Private Chat . Please follow those steps and let me know if you find any issues.

Thanks,

Priyank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Priyank for saving my day investigating this,

Issue is resolved now

Regards,

Anup Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyank,

We are facing the same issue. We launched a new instance on AWS with Rev 91.1 and recovered our data form an backup created on a Rev 85 machine. Afterwards - as expected - the license of the Rev 91.1 system is invalid.

Maybe you can help us as well?

Best,

Mathias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

New License package "HANA License 5.0" is released. Please go to addons tab and install the package and this will resolve license invalid issue.

Thanks,

Priyank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just in time release.

The installation of the license add-on after recovering from the other system solved the problem for us.

But it feels a bit weird because you have only one chance. If something goes wrong with your recovery and the license add-on is already installed you need another way to validate the license.

Best,

Mathias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

Good to know your problem was solved.

You can also uninstall / reinstall license. Go to installed section , click on card-> Click on uninstall button. package will o in installing/uninstaling section in New tab where it will ask for system password. After uninstalling package goes in ignored section from where you can install it again. So you can install/uninstall license multiple times.

Thanks,

Priyank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sometimes I miss the forest for the trees...

I tried the process this morning. It works perfectly fine!

Again, thank you very much.

Happy Easter!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

Just delete the old license

Hana studio -> right click -> propirties -> license -> remove license

delete all old license - > this will make your HANA box into stand still mode , but, dont worry . Installl the newly license by clicking on "apply new license key "

If the above dint help then, send me the nameserver*.log

I hope this will solve the problem

Regards,

Pavan Gunda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I was unable to add system in studio , Now after reinstalling HANA license key from management console resolved the license issue.

Thanks every one here for sharing your views,

Regards,

Anup singh