SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FUND Activation after Data Posted with FC and CI Structure

former_member332492
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

we are implementing BCS, 1st we want to use only FC and CI and we posted some data also in this structure.

but now we want to activate FUND also. is it possible.

we required this to implement PBC.

Thanks & Regards

SAM

13 REPLIES 13

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible, but you will have to assign the open documents with this information via FMCN/FMCT. Also, you have to think how to treat your budgetary documents. Of course, it would be easier to start using Fund Source as from next fiscal year.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your reply.

I have activated the FUND,

now it is working Correclty

But, there are some issues like

1. For Year 2014 postings, system is not giving any errors.

2, When documents posted with year 2013 those documents are giving error

BP046 , assign budget profile to FM Area, but i assume this error is related to FBS

but why this error is calling.

3. Any impact on the NEWGL Like, we want to use FAGLFLEXT Ledger only,

but after implementing the FUND Concept

we have to use FMGLFLEXT ?

can't we use FAGLFLEXT ?

4. Budget Already posted witihout FUND and how we can assign this with FUND Like

F+FC+CI Structure.

Thanks in Advance

SAM..

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error message indeed has something to do with your BCS settings before 2014 and not with new FM object. Using of FM* or FA* table also has nothing to with the usage of funds. You can consult OSS note 1060657 for more info.

As for your budget, you have to re-inscribe it, I reckon. Also, you have to revise your derivation rules in FMDERIVE, as you would have no new assignment to take care of. Unless, of course, you are using just one dummy fund source.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your Reply,

Regarding the Error message :

I have not assigned the Budget Profile and Fund Profiles to FM Area,

because , if we use BCS this settings we may not require.

Thanks & Regards

SAM.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is correct: you don't need any budget profile under BCS. But, why would you make now postings in 2013?

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your reply.

I am testing the year end adjustments process:

There are some FI Invoices which are to be posted after we live in 2015 as a year end adjustments for 2014 we need to do postings in 2015 year.

As an example i am trying these scenario for 2013 year with posting of old year invoice in 2014 year

Thanks in Advance

SAM.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then, you should activate BCS as from the year of the earliest adjustment.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your update, unfortunately i am unable to find how we an activate.

Is it the time horizon field against the Budget Category ?

Please help me to give the path here.

Thanks in Advance

SAM.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

BCS year of activation is defined in IMG 'Activate Global Functions for Budgeting'.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

If we activate BCS from 2013 , then system will ask budget for these postings in 2013,

But we have not budgetted these items in 2013.

as a alternative to not check budget.

we will activate from 2013 and can we derive Dummy CI to not to have budgeting for these items

based on the Fiscal Year. can we do that or is there any alternative.

we would have Postings like Deprecication, some FI adjustment etc.

Thanks in Advance

SAM.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you still make postings in the year, where BCS was not activated, you have to take care that all the settings for FBS (including budget profile) are in place. Or, as you said, you can activate BCS and derive dummy FM assignment for this year via FMDERIVE rule, if you don't want to put the budget.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your reply.

We are implementing FM BCS as a budgetory control , we were not using the FBS.

and for new implementation as a standard SAP Practice we are implementing the FMBCS

Still FBS settings are required in the system or only budget profile we can assign to FM AREA.

to avoid this error.

Thanks in Advance

SAM.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it's whole new PSM-FM implementation, you are supposed to provide year of BCS activation, where you still expect to make postings. It's up to you, of course, to decide whether you want to inscribe budget there or derive dummy FM assignment for this particular year.