cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it really worth to get trained under authorized SAP institute?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Respected superiors,

i went through the google as well as SCN SAP blog like most of the people do before joining the SAP TRAINING CLASSES.

I CAME ACROSS TWO WAYS OF GETTING SAP CERTIFICATION IN MY CASE (FICO)

1st way..........

1. SPEND NEAR ABOUT  RS.20,000/- IN A NON-SAP AUTHORIZED TRAINING CENTRE with assisting EXPERIENCED FACULTY AND GOOD implementation and support jobs after the training.
  2. Not expecting salary,do job for 2 years in ur module including either in implementation or support with Some customer of SAP INDIA PVT. LTD.
  3. Get eligible for the certification course of SAP.AND CERTIFY YOURSELF.

2nd way.........

1. SPEND rs3,00,000/- + taxes.. in an AUTHORIZED SAP TRAINING INSTITUTE..like,ATOS,SIEMENS,LITHAN GENOVATE,NIIT ETC...
  2. Get eligible for the SAP certification course.AND CERTIFY YOURSELF.
  3. GO for the job and the would certainly ask -Do you have SAP implementation or support experience.. and u are ..a fresher with the most recognized certification.spend 2 years now in implementing SAP or support...

conclusion

• time duration is the same.
  • GOAL OF CERTIFICATION IS REACHED.

THE DIFFERENCE IS JST THE MONEY.......

please help me regarding this.thanks a lot for going through my paras..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyam,

As a certified consultant from India from Siemens, an authorized SAP partner, I can perhaps answer your question. Also, when I was job hunting after my certification, I was jobless, but I had industry experience already of 4.5 years. I guess that helped me because I had confidence that if SAP did not work out, I can go back to my old employer (or line of work) always.

So, please focus on skills, not SAP or IT or money. Make yourself employable and attractive to a wide range of employers - that gives you confidence. That is the first pre-requisite to career planning. Because a career in SAP, while it is rewarding, is also one of the most challenging in India.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Satyam

I don't know India system well enough and only have ideas based on SCN observations

However, how in option 1 do you receive a job? Does the unauthorised institute provide you with proper SAP education material? What sort of job do you get for first year? What would you work for free for 2 years (is that allowed in India as in many other countries that would be unethical)?

Also, how do you know they are experienced and quality? Have you received positive feedback from friends/family or is that their sales pitch to you?

Have you looked through the posts in Careers and Certification spaces to see other people's experiences?

Whatever you choose, I recommend you clarify what job placement opportunities the give you. From my observations in SCN these are the questions I would ask

1. Do they guarantee you a job placement or do they "assist" in making enquiries for you? Too often I have seen members complain that they invest RS in their training at promise of a job but it turns out the company just mass sends your resume to a few places. If they don't receive any interest the first time you have to keep asking/begging them to assist you
  2. What type of placement work do they offer you? Do they consider getting your a job as a data entry end-user on SAP to be job placement? If so, it is unlikely that work is going to count as much towards the two years experience you would need as a functional or technical person?
  3. What happens after the 1-2 years job placement? Does that company provide you with future opportunity or are you shown the door and have to job hunt all over again
  4. For unauthorised centre, what sort of certificates do they provide you? Does SAP Education India consider you to have met the pre-requisites

Another option you could look into is contacting SAP Education India and see if you can take out a SAP Learning Hub Subscription and rent system access from someone to train yourself whilst you work elsewhere? You might find a cheaper way to meet the pre-requisites, obtain the course material and be in a position to work at the same time (much more cost effective). The downside if you do not have guaranteed job placement - but again I do wonder how trustworthy is the job placement.

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks colleen,

In india it is also unethical and illegal to do a job without salary.

Anyways, understanding the risk of teaching quality and placements in unauthorized centres, i will take the way 2 . thanking you.