Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to restrict the approve by based on projects

former_member215596
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have configured ChaRM in solman 7.1 sp12.  here we have multiple systems and multiple project managers.

we have created the project based on the landscape, now the customer wants to restrict the authorization based o the project.

I have checked in the change manager role but i didn't able to find the authorization.

Could you please help how I can resolve the issue.

Thanks & Regards

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member215596
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Billy

Thanks for your reply, but i am taking about the Change request management project.

When the user is created the change request we need to restrict the change manager respective their projects.

How to restrict this.

Thanks & Regards

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The above methods should restrict like you are asking; what I believe you are after is a way for the end user generating the change request to assign it to the correct change manager for the project they are assigned.

What I think you need to do is change the change manager required field to only have 1 value and prevent changes by end users in the CRM interface.  That 1 value should be a dedicated person that is responsible for routing the request to the correct change manger and then having them decide which project it should be associated.

I think what you have is a procedure problem not a technology/security problem.

roybrasse
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I'm afraid you are not being very clear.

I'm assuming that you are referring to restricting the individual that can approve the Request for Change document (SMCR or ZMCR).

Please check this blog (New ChaRM Feature with SP 10: Enhanced Approval Procedure Functions)

If this is what you're looking to accomplish, I can offer some more guidance.

Thanks,
Roy

former_member215596
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We have multiple systems (bi,xi,ecc,crm) and multiple change managers  and some of changes managers are developer in other systems.

So we want to restrict by projects.

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The first two are ways to prevent access within a project

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/Howto+Restrict+Changes+to+Project+Nodes+to+Assigned+Team+Mem...

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/Transaction+SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN

The last one is how to restrict via security auth, but I think you will have to have a naming standard on the project in order for SAP auth to work correctly.

S_PROJECT - SAP Solution Manager - Security and Authorizations - SCN Wiki

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When the project is created, why not add the change manager that is required?