Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori on SAP Fiori Client

former_member193023
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

There has been lot of buzz that with SAP Fiori Client 1.1.0 we can use the native features like barcode scanner, database (for offline apps). I have gone through articles saying using Fiori on SAP Fiori Client, we can use all this native capabilities.

I have below doubts.

A. Are the plugins required such as barcode scanner are inbuilt in Fiori Client? If yes, how can I invoke them using a Fiori webapp? Or, how can I make custom fiori like apps make use of them?

B.  As I could easily invoke my OData services using NWGW and host my Fiori apps on launchpad. Is it required for me to use SMP server?

Thanks,

Parth Jhalani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parth,

A. When you are creating a custom Fiori client using SMP SDK the plugins will be present in the app by default. You can check the list is plugins using the command cordova plugins.

Fiori client is a cordova project so you are free to add any cordova plugins to the project. You can download the SMP SDK for free from https://store.sap.com/sap/cp/ui/resources/store/html/SolutionDetails.html?pid=0000013098&catID=&pcnt...

You can follow these guides on how to use these plugins with the cordova app :

B. SMP server is not required if you are using plugins which are not associated with SMP 3. Ex. Barcode Scanner, Encrypted Storage.

A non customizable verion of Fiori client is available in Apple Store and Google play, this is recommended only for evaluation purpose, not for production.

How to create custom Fiori client: SAP Custom Fiori Client - YouTube

Regards, Midhun

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

former_member193023
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank You Midhun!

So you mean to say that for Providing Fiori Apps Native capability I need to create a Custom Cordova Fiori Client for that? I cannot simply put my Fiori Launchpad URL in Client and make it work?

Thanks,

Parth Jhalani

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parth,

The standard Fiori client app also has these plugins, to use these plugins you have to call cordova APIs in your Fiori app.

Regards, Midhun

former_member193023
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Midhun,

Can you please point me to some examples for invoking Cordova plugins using Fiori app?

Thanks,

Parth Jhalani

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parth,

I didn't find an example on Fiori app with cordova plugins in SCN. There was a hands on session in d-Code (MOB262) that uses Kapsel offline plugin, unfortunately I don't have the source code of it.

You can find examples in SCN on using kapsel/cordova plugins in Fiori like apps, you have to work on the existing Fiori app to replicate it.

Ex.

Regards, Midhun

Answers (0)