cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync/Async BPM Redesign inputs required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are currently doing the PI upgrade from 7.11 to 7.4 (Single stack). As part of this, we are re-designing the BPM interfaces. There is 1 BPM design where I am seeking your inputs for a better design.

Current Design

1. Source system sends the data to PI web-service in a synchronous mode.

2. The data triggers the BPM.

(a) The SOAP request is converted into SOAP response. (more like an acknowledgement, but not fetching data from any system).

(b) The SOAP response is sent back to the source system.

(c) The SOAP request is then forwarded to the next step in the BPM, which is then converted into an IDOC and sent to SAP ECC system.

Best option would have been to change the way source system sends the data (from Synchronous to Asynchronous). At this time, there is a strong push back to make any changes to source / target systems as part of this upgrade.

I just want some inputs from you to achieve this functionality in single stack. Appreciate any response. Hope I have explained the flow clearly.

Regards,

Prajeet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you said the best option would have been handling it at the source end.

Other option that i can think of.

May be redesign the same using NWBPM( if you've got process orchestration)

else. use sync/asyc bridge as explained in the below blog

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80f96dbf-adca-3010-ffb5-daf2d1f0e...

1)Soap -> File(requestonewaybean & waitresponsebean) -> create the files in 'x' directory

2)File(archive) pick the files from location 'x' (notifyresponsebean) -> Soap

In the second iflow you can archive the files.

so create third iflow to pick the files from archive directory and send to ECC.

3)File(archived location -> IDOC

If you don't want pick those files from archive directory, then you can even create them via UDF in your first iflow.

---

In the existing setup they might be hitting the integration engine directly with QOS Best Effort.

When you go to single stack, they need to change the URL and if they don't need any response you can simply change the QOS to Exactly once in sender channel.

Most imp: please wait for other expert advises