cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two PI systems in same SLD when upgrading PI 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are upgrading SAP Process Integration (PI) from 7.11 to 7.4 with option new installation and phase out. We are going from dual stack to single stack and will have the two PIs running parallel for a longer period.

1. Which are the issues we can run into using same System Landscape (SLD) for both PI systems?
  2. We found that it is not possible to have two Business Systems (BS) connected to the same ABAP Technical System with the same client. Will it be possible to reuse the existing BS, which is then still connected to the PI 7.11, for PI 7.4?
  3. WIll it be possible in production SLD to switch the Integration Server for backend ABAP BS?
  4. How did you setup the SLD when new installation?

Best regards,

Maria S. L.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've never tried that scenario ( two PI environments ->one SLD) but why don't you handle them separately as it's a new installation.

I believe you will be decommissioning existing PI landscape(SLD) post migration.

Don't change any SLD connections until you completely migrate to newer version of PI.

1) Export the SLD content from existing system to new system(TS,BS,SWCV etc)

2) In the back-end system maintain separate connections to required environment at interface level.

Refer to below blog to know how to maintain IS_URL paramter at interface level.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70066f78-7794-2c10-2e8c-cb967cef4...

3) once you migrate all your interfaces change then change SLD pointers to new PI landscape.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tank you for your input which is of help to us if we change our strategy. However for now we are going with the option One SLD. I think the solution might be to reuse the existing BS and just change which Integration Server it is depending on in the BS settings in SLD. Question is when it is a good time to do the switch.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

Can you please share your experience.

We are going for a phased migration and would want to connect PI 7.0 and PI 7.4(AEX) to a Central SLD.

• Connecting 2 PI systems to the same SLD work?
  • Can we change the Integration engine for the Business systems and point it to the new PI?
  • Is there anything we need to take care here or shld we go with a separate SLD for the new PI.

Thanks and Regards,

Samuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

So this I have found so far: It is optional to have one or two SLD when upgrading PI (see How-To Guide: Decision making factors when moving to SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.3). When using one SLD you can only have one ABAP BS per TS. What puzzles me still is that the BS then still is configured in the SLD to belong to the old Integration Server. When will be a good time to switch it to the new PI keeping in mind that the PI system will run in parallel for six months?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you have different SLDs for different environments, viz. production and non-production? If yes, switch the non-production as soon as you are ready for testing the migrated interfaces.

Regards,

Diptee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we have one SLD for dev and test and one for production. OK so switching will be fine. Will it not give us any transport issues in the new PI if the BS is configured for the old PI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Once you have done switching for your dev system, update the transport target for each BS to point to the new PI test server. I think with this you should not have any problem during transport.

You can check this for more details

BR,

Diptee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok we will try. I will update the thread when I have tested it.

So am I correct to assume that the Related Integration Server option is only for giving the BS a group?

Best regards,

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

There is a Related Integration Server for each transport group.

BR,

Diptee