cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10.1 Plug in Parameter value

0 Kudos

Hello,

I am implementing GRC 10.1 AC(ARA & EAM). In the GRC (PLUG IN)-->Maintain Plug In setting (BACKEND SYSTEM), once we enter the parameter value in Development client, do we need to change the value in Production client? Because if i go in Production its still showing me the Parameter value as DEV Client.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There are many ways to do it, you can open the client and do it or,

Add entries with PRD information and send it to PRD using transport.

Regards,

Prasant

0 Kudos

Question:  what will happen if i don't change the parameter value in Production Client?? will it affect anything?

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmm,

well your production will have information of your DEV environment ,

I will not work.

Regards,

Prasant

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

parameter 1000 and 1001 (GRC and plug-in connector) need to be changed to productive environment. All the others might remain as in dev/quality system.

Depending on your definition you need also to change some parameters in the GRC system as well (e.g. when you use risk terminator parameter 1080).

Let us know if you need further details.

Regards,

Alessandro

0 Kudos

Thank you for the information.

Question about GRC (Front-end) System: do i need to change all the values like Maintain Connection setting and Maintain connectors and all other post implementation steps in PRODUCTION Client. If so what is purpose of moving the Transport when we have to enter information manually (*note: i am talking about changing the back-end connector across DEV, QUALITY and PRODUCTION as i have 3 system landscape in both GRC and ECC)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

this could be slightly different in each system. Depending on your requirement in dev/quality you don't want to have data from prod (e.g. users, roles, etc.) and hence you have to update this in each system manually. When it comes to data sources it is similar as this could be dedicated from prod environment.

Transporting makes sense if you have same configuration otherwise you have to updated manually (or you update first in dev/quality and then copy to prod).

Regards,

Alessandro

0 Kudos

Alessandro,

Can you please help on Rule set?

My requirement is my company wants me to create a new rule set and do the modifications on that but question is how do i copy global rule set to new rule set? So that everything should be copied from global rule set to Custom rule set.

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mohammed,

would you mind to open a new thread? It helps for the overview of the space. Also if this thread is answered it might be helpful for others and when we start to discuss further issues in here that would make troubles.

If you open a new thread others might jump in (me as well if I can help) and you get your answer faster.

Thanks and regards,

Alessandro

Answers (0)