cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas: how to 'backup' flavors on the same sysyem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Personas experts,

I was trying to find a way to 'backup' some flavors that I created and want to keep. After the backup, I can delete them from Personas.

As a testing, I export a favor, then delete the flavor from Personas. Next, I want to restore the flavor by importing the flavor from the same system.

Now it is sadly found that a flavor exported from a system cannot be imported on the same system. Anyone has an idea how to solved this?

I tried a solution but it is too much complicated - I export the flavor on one system, then import it on another system, then export again the flavor, finally, import the flavor back to the original system. Any idea better than this?

Thanks.

Dong Zhu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To close this thread:

There is no way to import a flavor that was exported from the same system. Therefore, Export/Import cannot be used as a "backup" method for flavors. This is just how Personas 2.0 is by far.

Advice: Do NOT delete flavors if you want to use them later. Close this thread.

Dong

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ran into this same problem on our Sandbox system.  I wish SAP would come up with a way to re-import into the same system.  We periodically refresh our sandbox from production.  Because I have not yet moved my Personas prototype into production, I needed to export and re-mport just as you described.

Here is my posting with same question:

Error Importing Flavors after System Refresh

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

I am trying to "move" my apps from Sandbox to other sys. How did you do this, by using Export/Import? Or using Transport?

Thx.

Br,

Dong

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used the Personas Export/Import to move to another system and then repeated to move flavors back to the original system.

Rob