cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic deployment in development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is must be a very basic problem. I have an ear dc which has a use dependency a ejb dc. I already have a version in testing in the development system. Now I fix a bug in the ejb dc and activate the changes. The build works but the ear is not redeployed in the dev system...

Why isn't my ear being redeployed and how can I verify the deployment status (deployment logs) ?

I see in the build log that the deployment archive has been built successfuly but nothing on its deployment. In the Dev Studio , there is nothing in the deployment status column in the activation request view.

Thank you.

Message was edited by:

Thierry Dagnino

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you make sure that you did not check the "Disable automatic deployment" while defining the runtime systems for the track in contention?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer,

He has one version of code already on runtime system.

It means, "Disable Automatic Deployment" is not checked. If at all, it was checked then he could not deploy application at very first time.

But, there could be possibility that someone has changed the config in CMS.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

the ejb dc was added to the ear dc.

I also know the runtime system is being used as a test system for one product and a dev system for another. The products are of course in different tracks. The dev is set to automatic deployment in cms.

I also see the code I want to be run in the ejb method in the active workspace of the dev.

Another note is that I am testing the use of substitution properties. Perhaps this is what is failing but I don't know where to look to find out because I get no errors in CBS.

Is there a place where we can see the ear file that CBS builds for the dev system ?

The only thing that seems to be missing is the deployment step.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry,

Yes you can check for build of EAR fiel in CBS webGUI.

Goto this link:

http://<Host>:<port>/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tc.CBS.WebUI/WebUI

Here, host and port is of NWDI (JDI) server on which CBS is running.

Then goto Requests link and provide request number.

This request number you can get when you activated your activity for EJB dc in NWDS.

When you search against this request number you will get no. of tabs below.

Select Follow-up requests tab. Here, you will find request number related with EAR dc. Click on this request number.

Against this request number you can checkthe build result for EAR dc.

I am not sure that how can you verify of deployment of EAR in any log files.

But, whenever we deploy any application, then already opened application got expired and you have to start that application again.

Whenever you Activate your EJB activity, you currently running application get expired, so you can come to know that EAR is deployed on the runtime system.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

The strange thing I noticed is my ear dc is not marked as deployable in the CBS.

It is in two tracks. In the track I'm having problems with its not deployable and in the other , its deployable...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What are the significance of these two different tracks?

Is there same dc for EAR in both tracks?

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are testing the JDI so we happen to have two tracks with the same ear dc. They don't have any particular meaning. They are two development tracks. Could this be the problem ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry,

Let me figure it out what is the scenario.

You have one track called TRK1 and another TRK2.

You have made connections between these tracks as...

TRK1 -

> TRK2

Means, whatever components you have created in TRK1 will be used in TRK2.

You have created one EJB1 dc in TRK1 and one EAR1 dc in TRK1. Now, you are using both dcs in TRK2.

While importing these DC changes in TRK2 you found that deployment of EAR is not happening in TRK2 track.

Am I right?

One more thing:

Are runtime systems different in both tracks?

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

I made the connections to transfer the source code but removed it afterwards.

The rest is correct.

The runtime system is not used in the two tracks but it is used in two different tracks. In one track , its used as test system, in the other as DEV.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you get sucess to resolve this problem?

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

no I didn't. However , I think its probably because I modified an ejb dc and expected automatic deployment of the ear. This does not happen unless you change the ear dc.This will cause redeployment of the ear.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have defined the Used DCs in the proper way, CBS will trigger a rebuild and deployment of dependent DCs if a Used DC has been modified. I suggest you recheck your Used DC definitions.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry Dagnino,

EJB dc is not a deployable DC. You have to add it in EAR dc.

But when you change somthing in EJB dc and you activate that request, CBS first of all builds that dc but as this dc is not deployable, deployment will not happen.

After successful build, CBS re-builds EAR dc internally and this EAR will be deployed on the server internally.

This is my understanding.

Regards,

Bhavik

Message was edited by:

Bhavik Devisha