cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. We can get the batch numbers automatically while posting the goods thru MB1C. Then why we are doing MSC1N and using that batch number in Mb1C. Please let me know how this will be beneficial in real ime scenario.?

2. Generally batch numbers were popped up automatically after posting the goods. Can we give our own batch number while posting the goods?

3. In the strategy type SD01 we had a check box for over delivery allowed? In which situation we will use that

Regards,

siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

<b>1. We can get the batch numbers automatically while posting the goods thru MB1C. Then why we are doing MSC1N and using that batch number in Mb1C. Please let me know how this will be beneficial in real ime scenario.?</b>

Batch record can be generated in both the way 1. using MSC1N (create batch master record) and during inventory transactions (MB1C / MIGO). It all depends on how you want to create your batch i.e. automatic with internal number or manually with external number.

In some industry i.e. pharma, food industry it is required to meet some organization parameter for material approval so in that case, the business will create the batch record first with MSC1N and ask suppier / warehouse guy to give this numnber during goods supply / receipt.

<b>2. Generally batch numbers were popped up automatically after posting the goods. Can we give our own batch number while posting the goods?</b>

Yes, you can create batch record manually giving your own number, in this case, you need to work with external number range.

3. this indicator is for "Overdelivery allowed in batch determination", in some of the delivery we split the main item qty in different batches so if you flag this then it will allow the total of the split quantities of the batches found to be greater than the requested requirement quantity.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arif