cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro ALV initial view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Developers

My Web Dynpro ABAP application displays an ALV as output. For this ALV I created a view as a

configuration data record (using sap-config-mode=config), which I want to be set as the initial view

for a certain application configuration.

Therefore, I assigned the ID of the view to the SALV_WD_TABLE component of the application configuration.
This used to work perfectly.

But after recently updating our systems to SPS 12 (EHP 6) these settings are lost. All users get the [Standard View]

as their initial view. I tried to change the configuration view and also the application configuration and retransported them

to the target system. It didn't work - there's still the [Standard View] selected as initial view.instead of my configuration view.

Any ideas how to fix that issue?

Thanks for your help

Rolf

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf,

did you set the property Default view for the custom view you created in the Config mode after upgrade?

thanks,

Raju Bonagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju

Thanks for your message. Are you talking about the 'Initial View' flag (see image)?

This check box is disabled in Config mode.

Kind regards

Rolf

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf,

Yes, Initial View flag should be checked in order to load custom view as initial view.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama

How should I do that? The flag is disabled in Config mode!

Thanks, Rolf

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf,

I think your user is not having enough authorizations to save configuration records.

Please see the below link

Specifying the Initial View of Applications (SAP Library - Web Dynpro for ABAP)

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rama

Yes, I do. I can edit and save configuration records with my authorizations. I also assigned the correct ID to the application configuration, according to the description in your link.

The 'Initial View' flag is enabled in Admin mode (sap-config-mode=X), but disabled in Config mode (sap-config-mode=config).

Regards

Rolf

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf,

Please do it by using admin mode.

Regards,

Rama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rama,

This is not the solution of my problem, since I have to set different views to different application configurations, depending on the user's role. SAP explains exactly how to specify an initial view using a configuration record. It just doesn't work anymore, now. Before upgrading our systems, everything was running the way it should.

Regards,

Rolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rolf, We have upgraded your system to SP14 and after that we are facing same ALV inital view problem. Can you let's me know if you were able to solve the issue? Thanks, Chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

No, we couldn't find a solution and had to use a workaround (by changing the settings of the default view). Sorry about that.

Regards,

Rolf