cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to Mail adapter scenario.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

We have a requirment for configuring Mail adapter.

Our scenario is an ABAP report writes file(.txt format) to a UNIX folder(AL11 path on the application server) , XI should pick up this file and send as a Mail attachment to a Mail server. My question is , what are the steps that we have to do in XI Mapping part to achieve this scenario.

My source message contains the following fields :

Country,Rate,Count,Value,Date. 

Thanks,

Shweta.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

You can also check my earlier thread...

Thanks-
Rams

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

No need to do any mapping here and you can use Integrated Configuration with dummy interface name and namespace.

File Adapter should like following

and Mail Adapter with following Modules...and also check the option 'Keep Attachment'

Update with your file and extension name wherever it shows ‘Sep10.pdf’.

Thanks-

Rams

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your input Rams.

Can you let me know from were you got the ModuleKey TRANSFORM?

Mine is also a similar scenario , file has to be picked up from an AL11 path . Its a .txt file. The file name is "ABC_timstamp.txt" , the 'ABC' and timestamp are dynamically determined. How to capture these type of filenames in the mail adapter?

Regds,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

It was my mistake.

Please follow steps using the following blog, I am sure you can achieve the solution.

Thanks-
Rams.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rams,

I have used to DynamicConfiguration Bean in my adapter modules.

The mail subject is populating correctly(Subject is again the attachment name) , but the attachment name is coming as : ATT00001.txt .

Is there an option in the DynamicConfiguration Bean which allows us to read the file name and retain it as the attachment name . Then the Java code would not be required.

Thanks,

Shweta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

Please refer below blog which explains how to retain input file-name and assigning it to file attachment name using some UDF & module configuration.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/04/13/renaming-email-attachment-with-in...

Regards,

Amit Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shweta,

You can also refer below blog to retain file-name to mail attachment name without using module configuration.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2014/09/25/renaming-email-attachment-with-in...

Regards,

Amit Patil

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos
azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos