Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

document flow of copied document reflected in refernced orders

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm seeing a situation in the system where FOC(Z type) orders, when created with a reference, the original document's document flow is showing up deliveries created from reference order.

i.e, if A2 is created using A1 as reference and then when A2 is delivered the delivery is showing up in A1 document flow as well and this is specific to this order type only, standard orders(z type) are working fine.

Can you point me to what config can lead to this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kartik,

Please paste the screenshot.

For original sales order A1, is delivery created or not? Explain this process too.

tw

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Well, for original A1, its document flow has its own delivery but shows delivery of A2 as well.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kartik,

paste the document flow

are the delivery types the same, of the original delivery and the FOC delivery?

tw

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I will paste the screenshot once I'm back on system, as for dlv types yes there are same, order was foc - foc and subsequent delivery types.

for now I think my query is resolved considering SAP documentation which says:

• 'X': Create document flow records
    The system creates document flow records from the target sales document item to the source sales document item and, if necessary, to the document items from the preceding documents (document items referenced by the source document item). It can also create document flow records from the subsequent document items (document items with reference to target document items) to the source document item and its preceding document items.

Example:
    Source document: customer quotation, Target document: sales order
    The sales order creates a document flow record for the quotation. The delivery, goods issue and billing document for the sales order don't just create a document flow record for the order itself, but also for the quotation.

I just could not imagine how this could be useful, and the problem I have is a custom logic which uses VBFA to fetch preceding doc of delivery and I get A1 A2 and the read table then fetches A1, when I'm actually looking for A2( I know VBRP-VGBEL should be used but during the original development vbfa was extensively used so not looking for redesign), just will tweak the sorting order to make sure correct SO is fetched for the delivery in question.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

kartik,

i.e, if A2 is created using A1 as reference and then when A2 is delivered the delivery is showing up in A1 document flow as well 

From your post, I assume that you are not looking at standard document flow but into some custom enhancement. Is that correct?

I have worked with VBFA for several reports etc. As it is an important table. And we have to be careful to fetch the "correct" document because there could be several "same type" preceding (or subsequent) documents.

tw

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No this indeed is standard flow, in standard order -> standard order doesnt happen since update document flow is not checked, but in FOC to FOC happens where update document flow is checked, there is no custom enhancement, I was assuming the setting is causing this issue since standard documentation seems to suggest the same, do you think its not the case?

I would be able to paste the screenshot tomorrow morning.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

kartik,

Is the flow as below:

reference sales order

FOC delivery

FOC order

For all the FOC orders, can you see the same pattern?

tw

(After reading the SAP Help) to think that the FOC delivery will be linked directly with the reference order seems incorrect and illogical.

What SAP help might be indicating is that

FOC order will have direct link with FOC delivery

and reference order will have indirect link with FOC delivery

Message was edited by: TW Typewriter

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is the document flow of original order, It shows referenced order and its delivery as well under its own flow and the corresponding VBFA entries are below.

Now if teh update document flow is unchecked in the copy control then I only see 1000002033 in document flow of 1000002032, its subsequent deliveries are not linked to original order.

Is there any field or logic in vbfa that would help me to differentiate this? As far as I checked there's none.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

kartik,

I guess, the FOC is created after the original sales order, therefore arrange the orders in descending order and pick the first (largest), from VBFA.

TW

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, I was somehow looking to avoid that since the change is in existing logic and would take some effort to redesign and regression test it. But I guess there's no option.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member611442
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Check the Copy controls At Item level. wherein document flow need to be UNCHECKED.

Regards,

former_member205763
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, I'm aware of this setting and my understanding was that it would copy source to target but now checked F1, and it seems to say otherwise and hence the behavior which is in line with what the documentation suggests.