cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supersession with SNP: how to manage the transitions when stocks of current active SKU gets consumed early?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

With Supersession in SNP, if the fixed quantity of the current active SKU gets consumed early then transition date of switching to next SKU - how to manage this transition?

e.g. SKU_0 -> SKU_1 valid from: 1st Nov, 2014

SKU_1 -> SKU_2 valid from: 1st Dec, 2014

If stocks of SKU_0 & SKU_1 gets consumed by 15th Nov, 2014, how to manage the transition?

Is there a way in SNP to shift the valid-from date for next transition to an earlier date or is there a way for generating alert when stock of current active SKU gets exhausted??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

Standard sap doesnot allow you to change the "Valid from date" automatically. But we could achieve this by abab customization.

I assume that you are using Forward Interchangeability(A-->B) with use-up strategy "YES".

In this case, we need to run one separate job daily to check the current stock for your supersession products (predecessor and sucessor).

1.Modify standard supersession creation program.

2.Refer MATKEY table for current stock,

3.Create logic, If the Stock of predecessor and sucessor product goes <=0, then Valid from date of the suceesor product in the next supersession chain date should automtically changed to system current date.

Pls let me know if this helps.

Regards,

YRS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi YRS,

Thanks for the response.

We are using Full Interchangeability with use-up strategy "Yes".

We were looking for a solution which changes alert date and/or alerts the user in advance based on sales velocity of predecessor product so that safety-stock build up of successor product can begin in time and not when the predecessor stock has gone 0.

So, if not automatic change of date, is there a way which can alert user on consumption of certain % of fixed quantity of a product?

0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

We can configure the alerts as per our requirement.

Please write a macro to calculate the safety stock i.e  % - minimum required in predecessor product and assign alerts incase if the current stock value drops below the desired value .

We can schedule this macro to run in the  background by defining through activity in Process chain.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,

YRS