cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP submitted job retention period and impact on TemSe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Am not sure if this has been asked before, but will still go ahead and ask.

Background jobs are generally cleared out by one of the standard SAP jobs and I wanted to know if there is a way to maintain the number of days until which we can keep those jobs for? And what will the impact of that be on Temporary Storage?

Look forward to your views.

Thanks.

Regards,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

You can use the report RSBTCDEL2 ( or old report RSBTCDEL) to delete old job logs.

In the variant of this report, you can mention the number of days for which you want to keep the job logs (for finished and cancelled jobs)

Check in your system if there is a standard job with name SAP_REORG_JOBS running . This job runs this report and you can check the current settings in your system.

Normally temse is for spool storage and not job logs. Job logs are written at file sytem level under the global folder (/sapmnt/sid/global) under directories JOBLG*.

If you increase the retention, it will mean more disk space required for storing the logs.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit.

This is very good information for me. As you can imagine I am still a bit of a learner.

One more small question on the subject about the files containing the job names in the global folder is that I see there is one file for each day, so does it mean that a new summary file is created each day? Does that file actually contain links to the spools? And does the SAP_REORG_JOBS just delete these files only and nothing else?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

There will not be one file , there will be directories like *JOBLG. In these directories are stored the job log file.

File don't have the name of the jobs. The name of the files are in alphanumeric format. You can not read these files from OS level.

One file will be created for one finished job. There is no such file as as summary file.

Please go ahead and check some sap notes. Start with 48400, 20176 and 10551.

Thanks

Amit

Message was edited by: Amit Bangotra