Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

invoice is done only after receiving POD from customer

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts.

I need your help on below.

My requirement is, system should allow to create the invoice only after receiving the POD confirmation from customer.

While creating the sales order/ Delivery system should put the Billing block and once system get the POD confirmation from customer. it will remove the billing block from Delivery and now Billing can be created.

I can follow the below steps to get my requirements

1.  I can set the Billing block in Sales Document type  by default through in VOV8 configuration.

2. In Customer master - Sales Area Data - Shipping Tab, mark the Relevant for POD Indicator.

3. Maintain Item Category as Relevant for POD - IMG - Logistics Execution - Shipping - Deliveries - Proof of Delivery - Set POD-Relevance Depending on Delivery Item Category

4. After we do PGI & we get the intimation from the Customer about receipt of Goods (POD), useing through T-Code - VLPOD for confirm the Delivery quantities for particualr Delivery number. Subsequently we can create Invoice for the respective delivery Delivery.

I have some confusion at my last steps.

Q1. POD should be sent at the time of delivery creation or at the time of PGI?

Q2. I want to send POD to customer through Idoc. kindly let me know which I doc I can use? and through which output type it should be triggered.

Q3. If system get the fully POD confirmation by Idoc then only system should remove the Billing block from delivery further system will update it in Billing due list and billing will be created through batch job. through which output /Idoc we can send and receive POd information.

Q4. If system get the partially POD confirmation/ POD not confirm in such case system shoud not remove the billing block.

Q5. System should allow removing billing block after completing PGI?

I want to get it through Idoc processing while POD sending to customer and receiving POD confirmation from customer. I don't want manual interaction in this process. Basically I want some details on Idoc/Output  processing in case of POD.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am still waiting for your valuable comments.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Q1. POD should be sent at the time of delivery creation or at the time of PGI?

POD is sent when the customer receives the delivery (after PGI and physical shipping happens)

Q2. I want to send POD to customer through Idoc. kindly let me know which I doc I can use? and through which output type it should be triggered.

I believe you're thinking of ASN (advanced shipping notification) that can be sent at goods issue on delivery level (customer ASN) or shipment complete at shipment level (logistical ASN). The type you use will depend on your scenario. All of my organizations EDI are customized versions so I suspect you may need to copy a standard ASN and customize.

Q3. If system get the fully POD confirmation by Idoc then only system should remove the Billing block from delivery further system will update it in Billing due list and billing will be created through batch job. through which output /Idoc we can send and receive POd information.

You do not send Proof of delivery this is coming from the recipient of the goods. The relevant IDOC will come from customer system through interface.

Q4. If system get the partially POD confirmation/ POD not confirm in such case system shoud not remove the billing block.

Is this a question?

Q5. System should allow removing billing block after completing PGI?

Above you state you want billing block removed after POD and that comes after PGI.

I have worked with almost all types of inbound/outbound IDOC except we don't use this POD from customer or carrier (so sorry if I am not providing all the answers you seek).

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jacob for your valuable inputs.

Sorry I used wrong word (POD) while sending the shipping notification to customer. I should have said ASN instead of POD.

Basically our business wants, at the time of PGI system should create output which will trigger Idoc and this Idoc will send to Ship to address which has all the information like Shipping Address, parts, qty, delivery date, PGi date ..ets. So I want that Idoc and out put type.

As in our current process, after PGI system updates Billing due list and system execute the Billing due list through the batch job once in a day and generate the Billing for respective Delivery/PGI.

for some customers we want, once we get the POD from customers than only system allow to generate the Billing for those respective deliveries/PGIs.

from which inbound Idoc (standard idoc) we can generate POD in SAP ??

>>> Q4. If system get the partially POD confirmation/ POD not confirm in such case system should not remove the billing block.

See, here my main requirement is Billing creation only after POD confirmation. I think we can achieve it through copy control VTFL LF -> F2. in coping requirement we can mention in coding that billing after POD confirmations only BUT it will apply to all customers however my requirement only for some customers.

or do we have any standard requirement in sap to map my requirement. I believe it should be in standard sap (billing after POD confirmation only)

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

ASN is simple and standard

Basic type:DELVRY03

Message type: DESADV

Function module IDOC_OUTPUT_DELVRY

ASN Processing - SAP Inventory Collaboration Hub (SAP ICH) - SAP Library

POD is also standard, and can do what you want

Proof of Delivery - Shipping (LE-SHP) - SAP Library

This info is readily available, hope these links help to guide you