cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC log reports recovery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I need help in invalid EAM log report in GRC 10. We are running SP14 in our GRC 10 version. We have this issue for good 6 months and I just started this job recently.

These invalid logs are not appearing every time, it comes 2 to three times out of 10 for several users, so I worked with Basis guys to made changes to our sync back ground jobs, because I read that maybe it was causing  because of multiple background jobs running, but I don't know how to check if  that issue has been resolve or there is any way to check to see if any new FF log report has error in it.  Also the pending invalid logs are still under owners/controller queue that I need to recover. Is there any way we can recover those log reports.

1) Is there any way to display how many ff logs have "invalid log report" or error, any table or report that can give us list of error reports?

I tried search request in Access management but it didn't give me any error report it gives me approval one and pending decision one.

2) I used this Note: 1934127 to recover or generate new workflow for the  error log reports, Can anyone used this note to generate retrigger new workflow and send the new email to owners to  get the same report one more time without error.

Can anyone please explain above note and any table or reports to see how many logs are generates with error or invalid logs.

Thank you so much in advance.

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Faisal,

can you please check the following note:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2024525

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2060165

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1934127

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1930562

Please check and let us know if the problem has been resolved.

Thanks and regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alessandro,

Thank you so much for providing me good notes, however I have seen couple of them already but never implemented. Can you please give me some for details regarding the below notes:

2060165 -  Is this note enable "search request" because I can't find any reports that can provide me how many error/invalid log reports generates who are the owners because I 6 target instance connect to this GRC box.

1934127 - I was scared to execute this program with uncheck "Workflow in simulation Mode" because it will start sending workflow emails to all the owners with that time frame.  I ran it with the check mark and it generated workflow and it says controllers will be notified but no emails sent out as well as no recovery happened.  I'm not exactly sure what selection should I select to generate only error/invalid  log reports.  Also I ran without any selection it should recover all the error ones but it didn't do anything.

Do you know any way to find out that error log or invalid log still generating after I made some changes. How do you find out if the issue has been resolved.  how do I  prove to my auditors that  issue has been resolved and list of logs regenerated to cover the errors ones.

Any help will be appreciated

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Faisal,

Have you found a way to generate log review workflow for those scenarios where "Invalid FF Log report" has been generated?

Please share details if you have.

Thanks in advance

~ Madan

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Madan,

For some reason, that activity was stopped therefore I could not follow it. I had followed some of the notes suggested here and also did some tries...but could not get the success.

Sorry...I am unable to share any more details on this.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madan,

Please use this program to find all invalid/error log report first and than recover them by using above note I mentioned

GRAC_EAM_ERROR_LOG_WORKFLOW

Best Regards,

Faisal Syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Thanks for your reply.

I have implemented SAP Note 1930562 - Workflow got generated with empty logs due to inconsistency which brought the program GRAC_EAM_ERROR_LOG_WORKFLOW.

Now when I am executing the program it has 2 options as shown below:

Cancel All and Step by Step

Cancel All - Does it cancel only Invalid FF log report EAM workflows?

Step By Step - Does this show all the Invalid FF log report EAM workflows for us to review before cancelling?

Please let me know if you have used this program.

Thanks in advance

~ Madan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

You don't want to cancel all before review, so select step by step option to see how many invalid/error logs you have and then take it from there.

Yes, it does show all the FF invalid log reports to review before cancel it. after the review, you can use below note for recovering program that may recover some invalid or missed logs depending on what kind of logs and system can be recovered but I'll warn you about this recovery program that this is very critical program so make sure you understand the program then run it, otherwise it will be big mess for you.

Note: 1934127

Best Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Faisal ... Will try and let you know.

Answers (0)