Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

performance of FWO

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you let me know how can I check and know the time taken to save FWO, FB,Fo etc. Also time taken when we execute report via POWL how do we measure it.

Secondly in order to tune up the performance of business objects and TM table values how do we take this up? Is there any specific transactions technically we can use to improve and monitor the performance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bharath_k6
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Dipak,

If i understand your question correct, you want to measure the performance of FWO / FRB applications as a overall or based on performing some steps right?

To my knowledge, there are no predefined standard measure values.

Please follow below steps to check the performance:

After launching the FWO / FRB application and before performing the required step -> click on CTRL + ALT +SHIFT + P -> This will open the ABAP Webdynpro console (As attached) -> Select the Performance tab -> Perform the required steps -> Here you will see the taken to execute the operation.

If you want more detailed performance analysis, then you can use SAT or STAD transaction or ST05 transaction which will give you detailed performance breakup. This may help you for further analysis and to take the corrective measures.

P.S: I am also going to publish a blog on the same.

https://scn.sap.com/community/scm/transportation-management/blog/2014/11/19/tm-troubleshooting-tips

Follow the same for updates.

Thanks,

Bharath.K

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

when I select performance does the field end to end indicates the execution time of the FWO?

ionbarbu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

dipak mukherjee wrote:

Also time taken when we execute report via POWL how do we measure it.

If you are running a POWL application and want to see the runtime of a user, you can use the POWL_D01 report in SE38.  When you execute this, ensure that:

• You enter the desired POWL application ID
  • If you are looking at system wide performance, you can leave user field blank, but it's also possible to run this report for individual users
  • The display check-box is active under the additional settings heading. If you de-activate this, then you will be deleting the cached entries for the powl application / user id combination

Now in this report you will see the last run time for a user. In the column Exec. Time, you will see the number of seconds the report took to execute. If a user executes a POWL mutiple times, the values in this table will be over written, and only the last run will be kept.

Regards,

Ion Barbu

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

thx. However is there any standard predefined measured values that we have during execution of any business subject so that once the saving exceeds those value then only we can confirm that system performance needs to be analysed.

What are the predefined values defined during saving of fwo,fb etc

ionbarbu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dipak,

I'm afraid I don't understand your question here. I think you might be asking about the "normal" run times, and how to gauge if the times you are measuring are within the "normal" ranges.

Normally, these ranges come from the business users, who determine SLAs for reports / transactions. If the actual run time exceeds the expected run time, then you know you have an issue.

Without any other details about what selection criteria you are using, number of records returned, and analysis from SAT / STAD, I cannot make any comments about the actual performance you are experiencing.

Regards,

Ion Barbu

GRABLERE
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check out the TM wednesday performance snippets:

In & is a guide on how to set-up usefull traces. Also other snippets focus more on how to identify performance critical pieces.

Regards,

Emanuel

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

form the screenshots I am still not clear how do we calculate the time taken to execute any business object