Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP-Receiver (File Adapter) hung (stuck) on PI 7.31 SPS07

patrick_bode
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey Guru´s again,

in my new Scenario ERP --> PI --> FTP i have a Problem with Messages that wont be deliviered at the FTP destination.

I have no issues with my network, because i can access is with normal FTP-tools.

it seems that after a while the FTP-Receiver get stuck and cant connect to the ftp server.

When i go on communication-channel monitor and do a normal "PING" to the channel it timed out.

All the messages want to start but hung at that point

20.11.2014 14:22:14.856InformationenEmpfängerkanal KK_HORN_File_Bestellung_Empfaenger des File-Adapters: Verarbeitung beginnt; Partner "HORN" / Service "BS_HORN"

In english it´s called: Processing begins

i already patched my java Components to the latest level but no change.

i have also found the ftp.timeout parameter and added it to the channel.

at least i tried to restart the XPI Adapter: File sap.com/com.sap.aii.adapter.file.svc but no luck at all!

the only way to get a reconect ist to restart J2EE Engine.

Here is my FTP Receiver Adapter

Maybe you have a hint for me.

I think it´s not a problem with my channel?

Thanks!
Regards

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

patrick_bode
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey,

thank you for your answers!

@Hareesh:

Yeah i found the field you mentioned, when i leave it empty then there will be no timeout, right?

@Jens:

there are a lot of threads and notes out there and i read all of them, with no luck. I will check the settings you told me.

@Iñaki:

Checked smq2, no stucked messages.

as i mentioned i think it´s not a problem in my network oder communication channel, because when i go into pimon and do a normal "ping" to the adapter it timeout´s as well. only restart of j2ee stack can solve it now but after a while it´s stuck again and ping goes to icm timeout, so no answer from file adapter i think.

Regards and nice weekend

Patrick

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>Yeah i found the field you mentioned, when i leave it empty then there will be no timeout, right?

Yes. But it's good to configure this value so that your connections will be released an exception would be thrown if it is unable to find a connection.

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

some points that came to my mind about your issue

1. You will probably not need to restart the whole J2EE engine to make the FTP channel work again. Restarting the file adapter service would probably suffice. Please see http(s)://host:port/nwa/start-stop -> Java Services -> XPI Adapter: File.

2. You could increase trace level of the file adapter to warning, if that doesn't give you a hint you might consider increasing further (Attention: depending on load of your system this could have severe performance impact).

3. Please note my edits on my former posts, sorry for the inaccuracy.

Many thanks

Jens

patrick_bode
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi again,

@Hareesh:

Ok, i´ll set a normal timeout, but in my opinion the error is before that part in my szenario, cause the adapter don´t work at all.

@Jens:

To your points:

1) yeah i tried that, see my orig. post, that dont work too! Maybe its not only the adapter who "hungs"....

2)Do you have a tipp where to increase trace-leve. i know i did the in the past with another problem with SAP, but i dont remember my SAP-Message. Maybe there is a note for that?

3) Yeah i have to check this with my colleagues.

Regards

Patrick

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

About 2) Monitoring - SAP Library

Kind regards

Jens

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Have you checked in the sxmb_adm transaction or smq2 transcation if you have any queue stuck?. Sometimes if one queue is hunged no more mesages can be deliverded for this one.

Regards.

JaySchwendemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

there ought to be a myriad of FTP related "stucks" notes by now

Maybe this one can be of help http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1493502

Also check maximum concurrency in ftp channel and EOIO maintain order at runtime settings (uncheck if not needed) in interface determination

Message was edited by: Jens Schwendemann

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think the additional paramter ftp.timeout does something for you.

Moreover you can directly mainatin this value under connection paramters "timeout" and give some value in seconds.

849089 - File Adapter: FTP Timeout Handling