cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make SNP weeks begin on sundays?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we are going to do some SNP roll-outs in arab countries, so the SNP Data Views in weekly buckets should read data from sunday to saturday instead of the usual (for me) monday to sunday.

Can anybody quickly explain how to make SNP understand this subtle difference? I have failed in all my attempts so far, but I assume there is a simple solution to this.

best regards,

J.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James ,

SCM like ECC

This can be defined by Factory Calendar in Customization

Thanks and Regards

Rami  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rami,

where in SCAL do I tell the system that the week begins on sunday? I know I chan choose wether sunday is a working day or not, but for visualization in weekly buckets this is not what I need (see in previous comment).

regards

J.

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't... SAP is always defining weeks starting on Monday.

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James

Factory calendar used by system to define working days and non-working days

In this case system will use Sunday in Arab country as working day and can create orders

- If I understand correctly if you need the system to always start in Sunday and consider is as the beginning of the week , you have to work with period lot size in Product Master and in addition with this you have also to define your own planning calendar In Product Master define there your  planning period whether it's days or weeks

Period factor if very important as you have to put it '1'  to make the availability at the end of the week

If you need to know how is the Aggregated planning please check this link :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_ewm70/helpdata/en/2c/c557e9e330cc46b8e440fb3999ca51/content.htm

Please contact me if you need more details

Regards

Rami

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need to use a fiscal variant as suggested by Yogesh.

This will not change the actual start date of a week; but you will define your own fiscal periods each of a week and each start on Sunday.

But the PB data view will have to be created using this data view and any other reports.

Standard SAP will always use Monday as start of the week.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Try to control this with resource calendar and by interval & shifts defined at work center level. Also to influence the creation time for SNP Pl.Order you can use the period factor in the product master APO. For example with 0.5 as period factor the SNP heuristic will create the SNP Pl.Order in the middle of the week.

Hope that can help you!

Thanks.

Regards, Marius 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marius / Rami,

my problem is not related to the period factor, is more related to how the system will aggregate daily orders to weekly orders. What I need is the following:

If I have the following daily forecast (just for the sake of the argument)

Sunday       10    week1

Monday      10

Tuesday     10

Wednesday 10

Thursday    10

Friday         10

Saturday     10              <----------------

Sunday       20    week2

Monday      20

Tuesday     20

Wednesday 20

Thursday    20

Friday         20

Saturday     20

I would like the system to show in the forecast key figure 130 for the second week (including the first saturday), and not the second, which would show 140.

For the moment, no matter what I do in SCAL or /SAPAPO/CALENDAR, in the PlanningArea or in the time streams in the location, I always see that my weeks are defined from monday to saturday.

regards,

J.

0 Kudos

Hi James,

I am not sure whether we could consider saturday's forecast in both the buckets (Week1 and Week2)

But We can define your period start date as Sunday in data view (Weekly bucket).

Please try the below steps and let me know.

a) Maintain Fiscal year variant with posting periods =52 (52Weeks=1 year)

b) Assign Fiscal year variant in Storage bucket profile

c) Assign the storage bucket profile in PA

d) Assign FYV in time bucket profile by selecting "Posting period" as periodicity

e) Assign the TBP to your data view

Interactive planning book

Reagrds,

YRS