Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

liveCache 7.7 for SCM5.1 on RHEL 6

branislav_greger3
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am experiencing issue when doing a test of OS/DB migration for APO from Oracle on HP-UX to Oracle on Linux X64 (RHEL6).

The migration of ABAP went without trouble, however I am unable to install liveCache (MaxDB) on RHEL 6.0.

According to note 916649, SCM 5.1 with liveCache 7.7.06.22 should be supported:

The following versions constitute the minimum requirement for the use of SAP liveCache on Red Hat 6:

SCM 5.1      : SAP LC/LCAPPS  5.1 SP25, SAP liveCache 7.7.06.22

I have used the instalaltion package LC770624A6028_2-20002022.SAR to update the LC version, the update of software went through, but I am unable to start the x_server.

It always core-dumped for segmentation fault, resp. the part that core dumped is vserver. I am not even able to check the version of vserver with vserver -V, it immediately core dumps. I am sure I have the right version (CPU version etc), also all maxdb verification tools returned no error at all.

The OS parametrization should be according to all the notes concerned, at least the OS colleagues confirmed that.

Thank you any suggestion,

Branislav GREGER

EDIT:

I will post here the the solution that worked for us after contacting SAP/RedHAT:

Why MaxDB is not starting after updating the operative system? - Red Hat Customer Portal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

yashwanthkumar_kethineed
Active Participant
0 Kudos

liveCache/LCApps Release Matrix for SCM 5.1

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27307