Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PO - Java Web Start Compatibility

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have worked on SAP PI 7.3 Single stack and also SAP PO 7.4 SP5, I am aware that SAP has releases SP 8 for it. Is SP 8 the latest Service Pack for SAP PO 7.4 or even higher Service Pack has come to the market?

If yes then one very important question- SAP PI Single Stack systems have lot of compatibility issues with Java Web Start for launching ESR and ID.

Till now Java has come with their 8th version and still SAP PI 7.4 single stack's JNLP file are compatible only with Java 6 ( updates 20,31,45 all work fine).

• Is the Java Web Start compatibility issue is solved in new releases?
  • if No, I am working on the alternatives and want suggestions from you all how SAP's jvm can be installed?
  • The windows OS application have started prompting Java 6 out dated for a while now so using it for launching ESR & ID is not sensible at all. So if any one has worked on latest SP release of SAP PO please reply.

Regards,

Vikas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>Is SP 8 the latest Service Pack for SAP PO 7.4 or even higher Service Pack has come to the market?

As of today the latest version available is SP08 for 7.4

Reference :service market place -> PAM

>>>Till now Java has come with their 8th version and still SAP PI 7.4 single stack's JNLP file are compatible only with Java 6 ( updates 20,31,45 all work fine).

• Is the Java Web Start compatibility issue is solved in new releases?
  • if No, I am working on the alternatives and want suggestions from you all how SAP's jvm can be installed?
  • The windows OS application have started prompting Java 6 out dated for a while now so using it for launching ESR & ID is not sensible at all. So if any one has worked on latest SP release of SAP PO please reply.

You can make it work with JAVA 7 too. Follow my suggestion in the below thread.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3624255

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check note 2073368 Compatibility matrix: recommended Java version for Integration Builder tools of SAP Process Integration.

Java 8 has not yet been tested. The version in the above note has been tested with the PI releases and SP's documented.

Regards
Mark