Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO PPDS (7.03) - Planning with setup / clean orders

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we use APO 7.03 with SAP 6.0. PPDS is run with PP-PI.

I wander what are the options for planing of setup / clean-up orders?

We think of introducing dummy products with a master recipe and a bom (empty=no components) and production version.

We could then manually create the planned / process orders for the setup or clean up activities of the machines / tanks.

But what about an automatic creation of setup / clean up orders on the machines / tanks? Is there any possibility that the system would generate the setup / clean up orders?

on some machines for semi-finished products we will produce one semi-finished product a day. Could we somehow setup the system to create automaticall the setup/ clean up orders before /after the production activity?

thank you for all helpful input!

best regards,

Pilvi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pilvi,

There is possibility to create setup/clean out order at start or end of campaign when you use campaign planning functionality in APO. But I could see only one advantage to have it i.e. IN ECC settlement point of veiw where all orders in campaign share cost of setup.

In your case it is better you can set up setup phase before production activity instead of having dummy product and seperate order

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

thank you for responding.

1.Could you explain your statement : "I could see only one advantage to have it i.e. IN ECC settlement point of veiw where all orders in campaign share cost of setup"

2. does that mean that it does not make sense if the orders do not share cost of setup? (I am not sure if I understand "share cost setup"=same cost center?)

thanks in advance!

br,

Pilvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pilvi,

Yes it makes sense to create setup and clean out order only   if you want to share set up cost accorss all orders of the campaign. Campaign is group of orders scheduled one after another belonging to same set up group.

If you do not have specific costing related requirement for sharing of set up cost it is better to have set up activity for each order which undergo transition in set up group.

By introducing setup/clean out order for dummy product what advantage you will get?

Regards,

Santosh

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

tahnks for responding and sorry for my late feedback.

Before I joined this project the decision has been made that dumm materials will be used with bom, master recipe, prod version for the purpose of cleanning orders. No info left why.

Now I heard that internally they want to carry on with the dummy materials and will manually create the cleanning orders.

thanks again.

best regards,

Pilvi

Answers (0)