Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent KPI Query Data Ouput

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently i am facing issue with inconsistency in the KPI query data output

I have SQL query having  data for three Plant Line for the given shifts (12hrs), and the corresponding KPI Object .

The KPI Object is scheduled with 15 mins with Update mode

And finally using the KPI Query - having granularity- Raw ,  Mode -Select.

So the data is coming properly in Sql Query and in KPI Object but at times one row data for any hours (any line ) is missing .

And when the KPI runs in next schedule , the data is coming properly in KPI query .

Anybody faced similar issue , ? Any pointer will be appreciated.

Regards

Ravish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Is this KPI a Base or Composite KPI?  If it's a base KPI then change the mode to Append which will ensure you are capturing each value into the KPI database table and then the KPI aggregation logic will work on each value captured over your aggregation interval.

You can always look at the raw data via the KPI Query in "Raw" mode to see the difference in the Update versus Append job modes but in general for Base KPIs please use the Append mode.  Documentation is also available here:

Key Performance Indicators - SAP Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence - SAP Library

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sam,

The issue seems to be  resolved . It was base KPI .

After analyzing the Logs and Sql Query data , it was found that at times same set KPI values  coming for the two consecutive hour. And the KPI Object was not working properly as Key was not able to distinguish the distinct record. I modified the Key in KPI Dimension definition  to make them as PK for the record coming from SQL data.  On deploying and running again the records are getting captured in KPI Object and KPI query properly.

Regards

Ravish