cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete rfcXXXXXXX_YYYYY.trc.log files from igs folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey, guys,

We have a NetWeaver 04 installation over AIX 5.3 on which we run SAP BW. I noticed that the folder /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS00/igs has some rfcXXXXXXX_YYYYY.trc files which take something like 3-4GB:

I understand those are RFC Trace files generated when the IGS RFC Connection had problems. How can I delete those files? Can I delete them directly from OS level? Will there be an impact on the system if I delete the old files?

Have a nice day!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Plamen,

You can refer the reply from Juan from below thread.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! I read that post, but it refers to the ...DVEBMGS00/work directory and not ...DVEBMGS00/igs.

Anyway, does that mean that I can delete the files from the igs directory too? And how to delete them - from OS level or via some transaction?

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Plamen,

Seeing the time stamp, I see you can delete them.

However, before doing anything, please read below notes and share the contents of these files once.

1516577 - IGS trace logging and truncation

1423280 - IGS 720 creates huge trace files

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I saw these notes. I don't have problem with file size - files are around 10-12MB and this doesn't bother me. The thing is that the files are around 350 (both trc and trc.log).

I attached two files from today:

Dropbox - rfc1175560_01029.trc

Dropbox - rfc1175560_01029.trc.log

EDIT: I noticed that there are exactly 10 files per day. I had a trace file from today at 08:16, and now it is gone but there are some new ones. Is this some kind of a setting - to keep last 10 files per day?

Answers (0)