Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material is not confirmed automatically

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Requesting your opinions on this issue.

Scenario:

• I have a material A whose available stock is 100.
  • I now create an order  for this material with order quantity 100. The material gets confirmed.
  • I create another order for A with order quantity 20. The material is not confirmed as it has been confirmed for the previous order.
  • I do Back Order Processing and  change the confirmed quantity of the first order from 100 to 50.
  • Now if i do 'Check Item Availability' in the second order the material gets confirmed for 20 order quantity.

So far everything is as expected.

• Next if I add material A to the second order as a second line item with order quantity 10, it is not getting confirmed.
  • So i save the order
  • Go to the order again and do 'Check Item Availability' . Now the material is confirmed.

Why is the material not being confirmed in the first place even though stock is available and it is not being restricted for any other orders. Is there anything that can be done so that material gets confirmed at the first go?

Thanks,

Theerthesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Theerthesh,

I executed exactly the same steps on my system and it worked ok for me, the available quantity gets confirmed when you add the line item.

I cannot think of a valid reason why the system would not confirm the first time (when you add the item to the order). Therefore, I suspect that you must have a user exit or BADI doing something strange here. Check if you are using any of the ATP user exits (EXIT_SAPLATPC_001 or

EXIT_SAPLATPC_002). If you are using either of these, try to skip over the code in the exit and see if issue occurs.

The only other thing I can think of is that the availability check is just not executed when you add the item. However, this should happen automatically when you add an item. If you can debug, set a breakpoint at function AVAILABILITY_CHECK_CONTROLLER and check if this is called. If it is called, then you know that the system is trying to execute an availability check when you add that line item.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your Availability check configuration and provide the screen shot of the OVZ9 if possible.

Regards,

SRK

0 Kudos

Hi,

screenshot :

Restriction : We cannot make any changes in the availability check as this will have an impact for other materials.

Please advice on why this is behaving like this and a fix if possible.

Thanks,

Theerthesh.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the settings in T.code OVZ2 and column Accumulation. Add appropriate value (ex: 3)and test again.

Regards,