cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is LVM 2.1 available now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As announced, ramp-up of LVM 2.1 started on October 13, 2014 and was planned to finish by mid-November.

Will LVM 2.1 be generally available shortly, or is there a delay? One of my customers is eagerly awaiting the new release.

Thanks,

Ron

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why was the GA date of LVM 2.1 postponed to January 2015? Ramp-up end had been announced for mid-November. According to the changed announcement on the SAP Service Marketplace, the GA date has shifted to January, which is two months later.  I'm wondering about the reasons for this major shift.

adarshs_kapoor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

The ramp-up for LVM 2.1 has been extended (and not delayed :-)) until Jan-2015 because a lot of customers signed-up for the ramp-up (much more than what we originally expected) since they are (1) keen to contribute & collaborate with us during the product ramp-up phase to ensure high product quality and smooth implementation (2) and they were excited to leverage some of the new product capabilities and did not want to wait until GA.

You mentioned that one of your customers eagerly wants to implement LVM 2.1, I would recommend asking your customer to join the ramp-up and there's no need to wait for GA.

Hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,

Adarsh  

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh, I don't think the number of participating customers should be enough reason for "extending" the ramp-up period by two months. If product quality is good, it shouldn't matter whether only 10 or, say, 100 customers take part. I don't want to recommend my customer to join the ramp-up now because I think the delay is due to quality issues. Will GA be early, in the middle or late in January?

Thanks,

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please respond to my question: Will GA be early, in the middle or late in January?

Thanks,

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please respond to my question: Will GA be early, in the middle or late in January?

Thanks,

Ron

adarshs_kapoor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

The "planned" GA is end-of-Jan but, it could be that we finish early.

Best Regards,

Adarsh

adarshs_kapoor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

If you any have further questions related to the product, please write to me directly at my official email address adarsh.s.kapoor@sap.com (I would be happy to support you and your customer).

If you are interested, we can setup a call to discuss the topic in detail. Please send your contact information and preferred date/time to me via email and I shall schedule a call.

Best Regards,

Adarsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

end of Jan means the GA date is delayed by two and a half months. I'll get back to you once the new release is available and quality issues have been resolved.

Thanks,

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

How many customers are planning to go live with LVM 2.1 by end of January? Is T-Systems one of them? Will these customers be ready to provide references?

Thanks,

Ron

Former Member
0 Kudos

How many customers are planning to go live with LVM 2.1 by end of January? Is T-Systems one of them? Will these customers be ready to provide references?

Thanks,

Ron

adarshs_kapoor
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

We cannot share such information as this is strictly internal.

As soon as a new customer reference is available, we publish the same on our SCN space.

LVM 2.1 ramp-up close is "currently planned" for end-of-January and GA is "planned" for early February.

Best Regards,

Adarsh

Answers (0)