cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design question - 1 source (sync) --> 2 receivers (sync and async)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What are the options available to design following scenario:

Message (material update) sent to XI from 3rd party system, XI will update material synchronous calling BAPI in SAP, response will be sent back to 3rd party. The same message (material update) needs to be updated in SQL DB asynchronously.

Do we need to use BPM for the above scenario (SystemA <> XI <> SAP and same message from SystemA -->XI --> SQL DB)???

If I need to use BPM What are the steps to be used in BPM??

Can we do this without BPM?? What is the procedure??

Thx

N@v!n

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As per Ahmad explination,

to solve your problem , there are two ways..

already explained.

see also below link

/people/sriram.vasudevan3/blog/2005/01/11/demonstrating-use-of-synchronous-asynchronous-bridge-to-integrate-synchronous-and-asynchronous-systems-using-ccbpm-in-sap-xi - Use of Synch - Asynch bridge in ccBPM

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] - Use of Synch - Asynch bridge in ccBPM

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2005/06/09/walkthrough-with-bpm - Walk through BPM

Asyn - Synch BPM - /people/sudheer.babu2/blog/2007/01/18/asyncsync-communication-using-jms-adapter-without-bpm-sp-19

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

make a BPM,

Step 1. receive step - for receiving message from third party

Step 2. Send step (Synchronous)...to RFC, capture the response of RFC in the response Message type.

Step 3. another send step to send the response to the Database.

pls query further

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

AFAIK if your third party is capable of handling synchronous message then u dont need BPM for this,simply create two separate communication channels for two different receivers(RFC and DB).

it depends on which adapter you are using on sender side,if it is file then u have to use BPM for getting response back from BAPI(coz file cant handle Sync communication).if the adapter on sender side is capable of handling sync communication then u dont need BPM.

thanx

ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

hanks guys appreciate your effort to help me.

Ahmad-

We are using SOAP adapter on sender side and its hadling the synchronous messages. I thought of using 2 communication channels RFC and JDBC and started development. On sender side we have Synchronus O/B interface and on the receiver side we have BAPI (sync) and Async I/B interface for JDBC receiver.

3rd party <--> SAP (BAPI) is fine bec both sync interfaces.

We can't do the message mapping between sync o/b interface and async i/b interface for SQL DB receiver.

Any other way of doing it without BPM??

sudeep-

You really think we dont even need transformation step?? I dont think only these 3 steps will work (Receive, Sync send and Async send)

Chandra-

I would appreciate if you could provide me steps for this scenario. I have used Synch-Asynch beidge many times

Can someone please come up with exact steps (BPM) to do the above scenario.

Where does all seniors and gurus gone??

Thx

Navin

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmad,

I think that for 1:n scenarios, if you have synchronous receiver interfaces, you'll need BPM for that. That happens because XI wont be able to decide on which receiver response message will be actually mapped back to sender response. However, Im not sure it wont work for 1:2 scenario, if you have 1 sync and 1 async receiver interfaces. Theoretically, it could work. You'll have to test it in order to be sure. If you get "TOO_MANY_RECEIVERS" error then it is like I said, it wont process 1:n with sync interfaces.

Kumar,

as for the BPM, you dont have necessarily to have transformation steps inside BPM, you can normally perform mappings at interface determination runtime (given that your interfaces are unique for each send step inside BPM). The steps you really need inside BPM are:

1. receive step in "open sync/async bridge" mode;

2. send step in synchronous mode (for receiver RFC);

3. send step in asynchronous mode (for receiver JDBC);

4. send step in "close sync/async bridge" mode.

Regards,

Henrique.