cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDG-F Replication Timing options in correlation to Replication Program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

There are 3 Replicatiion timing options listed below to specify as we create Edition and I wanted to better understand its correlation with the replication program. 

option 1 - Manaully started after release of Edition

option 2 - On final approval of change request.

option 3 - Selected in each change request

If we go with option 1 - Manually started after release of Edition, I need to run either "Replicate by object" or "Replicate by Model" program to get the data (time dependant and non time dependant) replicated over into ECC. Of course, all change requests grouped in this edition need to be approved first. If it is a futured dated non-time dependent object such as GL account, it won't be replicated until the future date has arrived. Correct?

If I go with option 2 - On Final Approval of Change Request, Do I still need to run "Replicate by Object" or "Replication by Model" after change request is approved in order to get the data replicated over into ECC? My real experience in MDG-F 7.0 SP01 is YES except replicating an orphan cost center and an orphan profit center.  I don't need to run any of these replication programs and data is automatically replicated over into ECC as soon as a change request is approved.  So it meets the option 2 definition. that is great!  If so, why I still need to run "replication by Object" program for the hierarchy data movement change reqeust as the same replication timing option 2 is used in the change request? What is really trigging data replication action when condition is met? i understand the condition is set in either Edition (option 1) or change request (option 2).

I don't have any quesiton about option 3 because eventually it will fall into option 1 and option 2.

Thanks,

LUO  

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Luo

Normally PC / CC is created using collective processing. You have a std CR type which can be used for creating the PC / CC and assign it to the group. You can use the standard workflow 40....

With this I don't see any issue. Just check whether the type linkage is properly activated for workflow.

Kiran