cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about WM-SD Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I am implementing WM to a customer who has already MM installed. The WM will contain five mm storage location ONLY  one of these five storage locations is used to deliver goods for sales in the SD component, therefore during the shipping he will have to create the TO in relation to the outbound delivery. So as I now performing the customizing settings I really don t know how should I complete the following information in customizing or moreover if I shoud complete something or leave all empty:

LE/Warehouse Management/Interfaces/Shipping/Define Shipping Control :

- Define Shipping Control at the Movement Type Level:  Here I have to choose one of four options in the related movement type....Which of the four standard option do you think is more suitable?

and

- Shipping Control per Warehouse Number: Here do you think I should selected the option Partial Pick allowed? Which are the consequences of select this?

Please Advise....

THANKS!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Honestly, your customer has taken a big risk to put somebody in charge of WM implementation who has not had a basic WM training.

WM module is a challenge, and I remember many confused senior consultant faces during our training in Zurich. One of the very few class room trainings I ever had, and I am still glad to took this training, it was worth every minute and Swiss Franks

There might certainly be people who might be able to succeed in WM with self study, but they are passionate and have probably a strong practical background on Warehouse Management in general (not just the SAP module). And they need to be good in using search engines too and they know SAP basics like using F1 field help and the docu icon in front of each customizing task.

You are asking what to choose in customizing of Define Shipping Control

Assuming I have no clue (I actually have none without a SAP system in front of me) I just take this "Define Shipping Control" and copy it to Google. Often I add site:help.sap.com to restrict the search to the SAP help.

The very first hit has already the help text with many hyper links. Follow the hyperlinks and you know in a short time what each of the options is doing.

Do you really think that you can customize your WM by asking "what is more suitable for me" without giving any fundamentals. The first thing I do in a new WM project is a visit and interview with the warehouse managers and some warehouse workers , this takes minimum 4 hours, often the whole day. Then I have the big picture and can work together with them in setting up the whole thing in 20 days including testing, training, data load and Go-Live.

If you have 3 options and you do not know what they do. Read the docu, make the setting in a sandbox and test the scenarios.