Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UI is not customizable - MDG - FPM - WDA

former_member283411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have an issue with MDG-M. I can see the a previous developer has made customizing in the system, setting some fields editable, some fields as non-editable.

The problem is that I can reach customizing mode on some of the screens (and able to customize the fields), but I cannot reach the customizing mode in case of other screens.

The process is the following:

1. 'screen 1': User fills the change request type and presses the 'continue' button, then the system will lead him to 'screen 2'

2. 'screen 2': User fills in the details of the CR (material type, unit of measure, MRP profile, etc.)

By using sap-config-mode=x, or by starting the application configuration from se80, or from pfcg transaction, I am only allowed to customize 'screen 1' only!!!, I am not able to customize 'screen 2' (the system displays 'screen 2' as well in customizing mode, but only the header bars of the screen are displayed this way, the rest of the screen - where the fields of the CR details supposed to be - is not visible).

'screen 1' and 'screen 2' are

- two different webdynpro applications

- the start components of the pages are the same (with different configuration)

- the part of the screen where the data is stored are UIBB components in both cases.

Does anyone know the answer for this problem?

Thank you in advance for your kind help.

Tamas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Set user parameter FPM_CONFIG_EXPRT to A in transaction SU3. This will make the customization buttons available on every web dynpro application and you can start the customization for each UIBB directly from there.

former_member283411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

already done that.

Thanks,

Tamas

former_member283411
Participant
0 Kudos

I would like to edit my original post, but I cannot any more

One additional detail:

The above issue only occurs starting from se80-->webdynpro configuration--> test-->run in admin mode

If I start from pfcg (URL is only editable starting from here), I get a dump after changing the URL and pressing Enter. (of course only in case of 'screen 2', for 'screen 1' works fine

Dump is:

Note

• The following error occurred in system C1D : Web Dynpro application MDG_BS_MAT_OVP&SAP-CONFIG-MODE=X does not exist
  • The error occurred on application server lxv1992_C1D_00 and in work process. 13
  • The termination type was: ERROR_MESSAGE_STATE
  • The ABAP call stack was:
    Method: IF_WDR_RUNTIME~GET_RR_APPLICATION of program CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CP
    Method: CREATE_APPLICATION of program CL_WDR_CLIENT_ABSTRACT_HTTP===CP
    Method: IF_HTTP_EXTENSION~HANDLE_REQUEST of program CL_WDR_MAIN_TASK==============CP
    Method: EXECUTE_REQUEST of program CL_HTTP_SERVER================CP
    Function: HTTP_DISPATCH_REQUEST of program SAPLHTTP_RUNTIME
    Module: %_HTTP_START of program SAPMHTTP

thank you for the answer, I've already set the parameter SAP_CONFIG_EXPERT = A in su3, but I don't get the "settings for current configuration" option, when I right click on the screen, and the "customize screen" button takes to configuration, not to customization

Thanks in advance,

Tamas

Former Member
0 Kudos

There should be a question mark after the application name and not an ampersand. So, it should be: MDG_BS_MAT_OVP?SAP-CONFIG-MODE=X  and not MDG_BS_MAT_OVP&SAP-CONFIG-MODE=X

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another option is to start application "CUSTOMIZE_COMPONENT" directly from SE80.

former_member283411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Abdullah,

thank you, but in first case, I get only the header bars again:

If I use se80 and I start CUSTOMIZE_COMPONENT providing the name of the component cutomization:

I am directed to the configuration activities, and it doesn't seems to be the place where the read-only has been set:

In case of the screen1 the customizing works fine. Below is the editing option that I have reached through right click -->settings for current configuration. I am looking for the very same thing in case of screen2, but I am always navigated to the first screen of this reply.

I couldn't really find examples for my problem in SAP help, except for this page :https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/0e/50e04e184a479daa7951bb5e3f03b1/content.htm​ , where I have found the following:

"Constraints

• As FPM dynamically navigates the UIBBs into the FPM window, you must ensure that the embedded FPM is already embedded and initialized when the navigation phase starts. If you do not do this, you will see the embedded application without the UIBBs. This happens, for example, when you navigate the embedded FPM using a plug into the embedding window."

It sounds very similar to my problem, isn't it? (In my case users can get to screen2 through navigation from screen1 - by pressing the "continue" button.)

By the way, is that normal that I am not allowed to start/test component configurations from se80, only application configurations? (In my case it seems to me that the application config is displayed, but the component config not. I am trying to start only the component config itself, but the test option in se80 is not available in that case).

Many thanks,

Tamas

de → hu
-tól
Former Member
0 Kudos

The screen you have with the yellow ribbon is the "customizing" window for sure. However, you comment about wanting the "read-only" field is a little concerning. That pop-up you show is for configuring native web dynpro applications and NOT for FPM. My recommendation is to invest some time learning the basic FPM concepts and it should help you big time especially if you are going to work with MDG a lot.

former_member283411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

thank you for the reply, I indeed need to learn some FPM, but before that I would really like to find an answer for this problem, which is keep blocking me for months already.

• as I mentioned, I was not the one who implemented the system, so I just would like to follow the path that the previous developer started. It's sure now that he has achieved the read-only settting through
    • opening screen2 in customizing mode
    • right click on the field
    • settings for current configuration
    • read-only: yes

Why is it concerning?

• I just would like to do the same at least. But is seems to me that from starting se80, the selected configuration is not getting loaded.
    • The first one is the technical help of screen2 in "normal" mode
    • the 2nd one is the very same screen started from se80 --> execute as administrator-->manually extend URL with sap-config-mode=x

In the second case the appl config is missing.

Thank you in advance,

Tamas

Former Member
0 Kudos

You say: "which is keep blocking me for months already." Investing a few days or a week to understand how FPM work should answer your questions. Don't go too far in your current approach before learning FPM. Otherwise, you might realize that you will have to re-do many things the right way once you learn FPM.

former_member283411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Abdullah,

I've been learning FPM in the previous days (and I had been learning FPM before that) from here: Floorplan Manager for Web Dynpro ABAP - SAP Library

After what I've found there and what you have written, I would like to rephrase my question/problem:

What I am trying to achieve is not the FPM customizing/configuration but the "configuring native web dynpro applications", by reaching the "customizing mode" first. Unfortunately, I am not able to reach customizing mode.

The reason why I want to reach "Customizing mode" is that I have a document from the previous developer (with screenshots) containing that he has set the read-only properties by opening the required page in customizing mode, selected the "settings for current configuration" from the context menu (after right mouse click), and set the read-only in a pop-up window just like the one below:

Next, I was trying to follow his instructions. Somehow I wanted the reach customizing mode, and I thought a good way would be to achieve it in the following way:

I opened the required page in "normal" mode, and from the context menu I could find out the appl. and the appl. config. that is in use:

I have located the same in se80:

Then I launched it in admin mode:

But I got an "empty" screen:

Where I have opened the context menu and technical settings. According to this

1. This page does not contain the application that I have selected in se80 (it supposed to be MDG_BS_MAT_OVP instead of MDG_BS_MAT, which is appl. of the initial sreen)
  2. This page does not contain the selected application config (of course)

And this is my problem. By starting from se80 a different application is being opened than the one that I had selected previously (and this is the same in case of using '?sap-config-mode=x' as well). So I select application MDG_BS_MAT_OVP, and the system displays MDG_BS_MAT!

Could you help in this please?

Sorry for the extremely long thread, but I wanted to share the problem in details, to avoid any further confusions.

Many thanks,

Tamas

P.S.: the implied settings are visible as implicit (and explicit) personalization, as being applicable for every user - maybe this will be helpful to you:

former_member283411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Abdullah,

do you have any suggestions? If not, then thanks for the help, at least I already know that I am looking for native webdynpro configuration, not FPM customizing.

In most of the cases, an accurate description of a problem helps a lot to find the answer.

I'm going to post it as a separate question/thread.

Thanks,

Tamas

Message was edited by: Taasdfg asdfg This problem is moved to a new thread:http://scn.sap.com/message/15579945#15579945

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which MDG version did the other developer base his document on? I suspect it is for MDG 5. That will not apply to MDG6 or newer versions. The older MDG was built using native WDA. MDG6 onward was built using FPM.

former_member283411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

it was MDG 6.1, and still it is.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which UIBB did he document this for? There is no option called "Read-Only" in FPM configurations. The only other possibility I can think of is he did this for the Classification UIBB which is a native WDA embedded in FPM. All other UIBB's as far as I know are FPM-based and can't be configured the way you are trying.

former_member283411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Abdullah,

thanks for the answer. To be honest, I don't know what "classification UIBB" is, I think we have TABBED, FORM, LIST and COMPOSITE UIBBs and even additional components within one page in my case. Here is a screenshot, which might help you:

Thanks for not giving it up

Tamas

Also, I have posted it as another thread as well, and Shankar Singh says: "the configuration are embadded one over the other,the movement when u r trying to excute the application BS_MAT_OVP_03 calls the service mdg_bs_mat which is the entry point of UI."

Former Member
0 Kudos

On the MDG-M UI, there is one specific block where you can enter material's classification & characteristics. That's the classification UIBB I'm talking about. That UIBB only was built using native WDA and you can mark the read-only flag there for the different fields.

former_member283411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

yes, I have the classification and characteristics part, but that's editable.

Where I have the read-only set is the warehouse details, MRP profile, country of origin, industry sector, external material group, old material number, net weight, devision, dangerous goods, etc.

But this is not the only UI configuration, that I have, others have been configured differentely. There are separate application configurations created for every participant of the workflow (for each role/business function), on other configurations other fields are editable.

Also, it doesn't explain why the application of the initial page gets loaded from se80, or why the configuration of the application disappears when I extend the URL with sap-config-mode=x (after proceeding to the navigation page from pfcg).

Thanks again

T

former_member283411
Participant
0 Kudos

Can I have a final question about it? Do you know, which method/class should read the application configuration details? So that I know what to look for in debug mode. (I have already FPM cookbook and developer's guide, but that only talks about the loading of the UIBB. But the application configuration should be decided prior to that.)

Thanks,

Tamas

former_member283411
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Abdullah,

thank you for the help, I've got the solution. When I have opened the context menu, and selected Technical help, I realized, that there are URL start parameters listed there. Then I decided to go to pfcg and open the required page from there, in order to make the URL editable. Then I have not only extended the URL with 'sap-config-mode=x' at the end, but I have also listed ALL the parameters, that I had previously found in the Technical help of the screen. (Of course I have introduced the list of parameters with '?', and then came the parameter, then the '=' sign, then the parameter value. Parameters where separated with '&', as usual.) Then I hit enter, which lead to customizing mode, where I could set the Read-only for the fields (by right click on the field-->settings for current configuration. Pior to that, I have provided the fpm_config_expert=A to my user profile in sui01d or se80-->system-->user profile-->own data-->parameters).

I think the reason why it didn't work from se80 (and still not working) was, that there were these parameters, which was not automatically given to the system in se80, and that's why it couldn't found the correct application (maybe in the normal business flow the UI received these parameters from the workflow?? - I don't know).

The reason why probably it didn't work with only starting from pfcg and extending the URL with 'sap-config-mode=x' was that when I have provided a parameter in the URL (where previously no other parameters had been provided) the system interpreted it as the one and only parameter that had to be used during the UI display, so it forgot about all the other parameters, since they were not specified in the URL.

I tried to explain it in detail, in case someone else encounters the same problem. Anyway, native webdynpro customizing seems to be a very good way of setting field properties, easy config, without development. Especially, because there is no read-only field property in general FPM configuration (or it's just me, who haven't found it).

Thanks,

Tamas

Answers (0)