Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Resume via IF_FPM_NAVIGATE_TO

former_member213217
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an OVP application from within which the user clicks on a button to be navigated onto a GAF application. After reading around the FPM cookbook & going through the standard component FPM_TEST_SUSPEND_RESUME I managed to implement the Suspend-Resume functionality in my application.

Now the issue is that while navigating from OVP to GAF everything go's smoothly with a INPLACE navigation mode and the OVP gets replaced by the GAF. However the issue comes while trying to get back to the OVP from the GAF upon click of another button. I do get navigated back onto the OVP but it gets opened up as a new tab instead of being overwritten on the same page. I have specified a similar INPLACE navigation mode within the action handler of my buttin on the GAF but somehow what works from OVP->GAF isn't working from GAF->OVP. Request you to help suggest as to what might be the issue.

Regards,

Uday

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

a simple misprint for the navigation mode can cause such behavior. Better use constants like this:

ls_add_params-navigation_mode = cl_apb_launchpad_api=>e_nav_mode-inplace.

lo_nav_to->launch_url( is_url_fields         = ls_url_fields

is_additional_parameters = ls_add_params ).

Best regards

Jens

former_member213217
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

Thanks a lot for pitching in for my rescue. Am actually making use of constants in my coding. Had just quoted as INPLACE in here so that it would be easier for the other readers. Below is the code that I use for navigating back to my OVP component:

lo_fpm->mo_app_parameter->get_value( EXPORTING iv_key     = 'SAP-WD-RESUMEURL'

IMPORTING  ev_value = lv_resume_url ).

ls_url_fields-header_text = 'First Application'.

ls_url_fields-url         = lv_resume_url.

ls_add_params-navigation_mode = cl_apb_launchpad_api=>e_nav_mode-inplace.

lo_nav->launch_url( EXPORTING is_url_fields            = ls_url_fields

is_additional_parameters = ls_add_params

IMPORTING  et_messages              = lt_messages

ev_error                 = lv_error ).

Regards,

Uday

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

the code looks ok. Then please check Note 1462199.

Regards, Jens

former_member213217
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

Was pretty much excited about the SAP note but sadly we are already on a much higher support pack.

What I feel weird is that I can see the suspend/resume functionality working from within the standard FPM configurations FPM_TEST_SUSPEND_RESUME_A, FPM_TEST_SUSPEND_RESUME_B & FPM_TEST_SUSPEND_RESUME_C. Was thinking that if it were to do with an NOTE then even the standard config's shouldn't have been working. Would I need to do anything special in the 1st component to enable a RESUME? I tried going through the cookbook & the standard examples but couldn't seem to find anything special in there.

Regards,

Uday

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

there is nothing specific to do in the first application. Maybe you should create an OSS ticket.

Best regards

Jens

former_member213217
Participant
0 Kudos

Hmmm on an alternative note do you think there can be anything else that I can do other than relying on a Suspend/Resume approach to achieve the navigation from my OVP to the GAF?

Though dangerous, I tried declaring a component usage of the FPM_GAF_COMPONENT & then trying to carry out a navigation by firing an outbound plug to the DEFAULT plug of the FPM_WINDOW. But this way the application was ending up in a dump coz of the framework trying to assign the OVP reference onto a variable which's referring to a GAF.

Could you suggest me any viable approach that could serve the purpose for the time being?

Regards,

Uday

jens_boeckenhauer
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

no, the embedded scenario is not the right way to do it. I think this needs to be analyzed on the system, so an OSS ticket is the way to go I suppose.

Regards

Jens

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jitin_kharbanda
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Uday,

I also witnessed the same issue.

In my case, I found that parameter 'SAP-WD-RESUMEURL' is not actually returned thus navigation was not working. Also, I suppose that this parameter is not returned while navigating through portal.

What I did, instead of using suspend/resume functionality, I'm navigating again on BACK.

Hope this helps.

--

Best Regards

Jitin Kharbanda