cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom JDBC Data Source based on Sybase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

My goal is to configure new custom jdbc 2.0 (with XA support) data source based on already integrated (PI uses the same driver) Sybase driver.

My configuration:

PI version: 7.40

Settings:

Driver Name - SYSTEM_DRIVER (same as PI uses, Sybase)

Sql engine - Vendor SQL

JDBC version: 2.0 (with XA support)

Object factory: none

PortNumber: 4901

Password: sapsa password

ServerName: localhost

DatabaseName: dbname
User: sapsa

I have searched a lot of manuals, everything seems nice. But every time i try to connect, i get an error:

Caused by: com.sap.engine.frame.core.database.DatabaseException: Exception of

type java.sql.SQLException occurred: JZ006: Caught IOException:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused.

at

com.sap.engine.core.database.impl.DataSourceAdministratorImpl.createDataSource(DataSourceAdministratorImpl.java:49)

at

com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.deploy.ContainerImpl.startDataSources(ContainerImpl.java:1644)

Has anyone ever have an error like this one?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexey,

"Connection refused" could be that you are configuring a wrong IP or there is a firewall or port closed to connect with the DB. Try to assure with your basis/network team that the ports are ok and the port open. You can check with a telnet.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I'm trying to connect PI (new custom datasource, created inside PI) with database, which is generally used by this PI. So i think there should be no firewall between them. Besides, if i put any other hostname, i instantly get error "NoSuchHostName".

Anyway thanks, i will ask my basis.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexey,

My wrong, i haven't noticed that your server is a localhost, are you sure that your DB is up and listening by the port 4901?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, i'm sure DB is up (otherwise PI wouldn't work), and i checked one more time that port is 4901 (in DB configuration files).