cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with EDI1 condition type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing a problem with EDI1 condition type for linked materials. We have a parent material entered as 1st Item, which will trigger a child material automatically. Now, our requirement is when we create the sales order, we will give EDI1 for the parent material which should get copied to the child material automatically. We have used a user exit(MV45AFZZ) which triggers when the user clicks save and pushed the values of EDI1 of parent materials to child materials. It is working fine for some customers(sold to parties) but for some customers, the value is getting copied when I see in the debugging but are not available when I check the values after the save.

I am not able to figure out as why does this work for one customer and not for another. Can anyone help me out in finding as why is this happening? Is there any place in Customization where I tell as what condition types to be considered for a specific sold to party?

Suggestions will be very helpful and will be rewarded.

Thanks,

Shashi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Where do we assign a Customer to a plant in customization and also what is the significance of customer pricing procedure.

Helpful answers will be rewarded.

Thanks,

Shashi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shashi - To assign a customer to a plant, you would have to mention the plant code on the customer master for a particular sales area. The system looks first at the customer material info record (VD53) where you can assign a plant for that customer and material. If the entry is not found, it checks the customer master profile of the customer for the sales area related with the material.

At a high level, pricing procedures are assigned to the sales area in combination with document pricing procedure and customer pricing procedure. The way SAP has set it up is that you can assign a customer its pricing procedure (XD03 - Customer master) (ex.Standard etc) then assign a document its pricing procedure (VOV8) and then assign a custom defined pricing procedure to the sales area with your defined combination of customer procing proc and doc pricing proc. The advantage is that with in the same sales area, you can have a particular customer order processed with your selected pricing procedure.

Thanks - Nikhil