cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.Lums File Sharing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am trying to do some research on sharing .lums files to both users that have/don't have the Lumira desktop installed.

I am doing this without the use of Lumira cloud/server/launchpad. I have been looking into sharing files over email to users but was curious if I share a .lums file with those that have the Lumira desktop installation if they could view the entire dataset that is included in my local copy?

In the case of those without the Lumira desktop installation, how would they be able to consume the data/visuals? I know that the visuals can be consumed by PDF but is there a way they can view them similar to how the Crystal Reports Viewer works?

I have looked into the installation and user guides for Lumira and have only seen sharing done with Server/Cloud/Launchpad.

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi -

I am curious as to why not to use cloud?

From the Lumira Cloud you could share it with a public URL and embed it in an iFrame

I am not aware of any viewer for Lumira like Crystal Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

We would like to test other ways of sharing .lums files to see if individual users can share over email but still be able to view the data/visuals.

What would you recommend for those who do not have the Lumira desktop installation assuming we do not use Cloud/Server/Launchpad?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From the Visualize room you can use the gear box to e-mail the visualization

It will send the visualization as an attachment by e-mail

The user doesn't need to have Lumira installed

Will that work?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe so, now what would happen if I am connected to a BEx query and want to email my .lums file to a user who does not have a BW connection but does have Lumira desktop? What would they see in terms of the prepare tab/dataset? 

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is currently no Prepare room for a BEx query; only Visualize and on my desktop I don't see an option to e-mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Must "Save As" and then email that .lums file as an attachment. As Tammy has mentioned above, you still will not be able to go into the Prepare/Compose/Share tabs in the current version of 1.20 from a BEx query. Limited to Visualize.

Regards,

K

Answers (0)