Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP - XI Receiver Channel - User Roles

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are integrating SRM and ECC with SAP PI 7.31 (dual stack). I have configured the scenarios on AAE - ICO configurations to achieve performance efficiency of Java only stack.

I have referenced the following PDF and created the Backend configs in ECC and SRM system.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70066f78-7794-2c10-2e8c-cb967cef4...

My query is wrt point 4.3 - Receiver communication channel in PDF. I have created the Receiver Channels for ECC and SRM both.

What kind of User ID we need to maintained in these SOAP - XI Receiver channel? And should be the Roles assigned to this user (both in ECC and SRM)

Is it something Standard or Basis team needs to create any specific IDs / roles?

Please find attached the channel screenshot for reference.

Regards,

Azhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What kind of User ID we need to maintained in these SOAP - XI Receiver channel? And should be the Roles assigned to this user (both in ECC and SRM)

This user should be defined in the target system (ECC and SRM) with the below authorization.

SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER

>>>Is it something Standard or Basis team needs to create any specific IDs / roles?

Role is standard but your basis has to create the user.

Service User for Message Exchange - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration Security Guide - SAP Library

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

Thanks for the inputs. Do we need to use any particular standard User (as mentioned in this link) or we need to create a new / custom user?

Service Users - PI (Process Integration) - SAP Library

As mentioned in this link, each user is having the Roles assigned to it by default post installation...But is it limited to PI installation/system only? I do not find these User in SRM system.

Regards,

Azhar

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe so.You have to create these users manually and assign the required roles to it.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Azhar,

Follow Haresh suggestion, if you have different users in your XI channels that the PI service users, later the ECC team will adjust extra roles to determine what kind of data the user can read/udapte/etc.

Regards.

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the inputs.

We have created System User (PISUPER) in the backend R/3 system with the role as suggested by Hareesh.

Also we have added few other SRM related roles to this User in SRM system.

This user / pwd is then configured in the Receiver SOAP - XI channel in ID.

Regards,

Azhar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Azhar,

If you are not able to get the roles and authorization for any ID . then follow the below process, u will able to get to know the authorization objects that needed to access any particular object.

1. Login to SRM/ECC with given user id/password

2. Try to access the object, If you are not getting any authorization error then its good else

3. run the transaction SU53 and it will show what authorization object you need.

4. Provide screen shot to your basis team and ask them to add all authorization object to the user

5. Try once again to access the object it will be successful else again go to step 3.

Warm Regards,

Rudra