Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reuse a Financial Document

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have to manage the following scenario within Documentary Payments (transaction VX11N and subsequent):

1. We receive Financial Document in total amount 100.000 EUR
  2. We assign to it a new Sales Order no.1 in amount of 60.000 EUR
  3. We assign to the same Financial Document another Sales Order no.2 in amount of 40.000 EUR
  4. We invoice Sales Order no.1 and we have secured receivables in FD33 in amount of 60.000 EUR
  5. We receive regular payment from our customer 60.0000 EUR

Actual situation for our Financial Document is this:

• 40.000 EUR is assigned to Sales Order no.2
  • 60.000 EUR is free (from a Business perspective);

Is there a way to manage this scenario in SAP? I mean, to reopen the same financial document for the amount regularly paid by the customer, and this way "reuse" the same Financial Document?

Thanks and best regards.

Andrea

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andrea,

I believe this is not possible to reuse the Financial Document Value once it is utilized by one end to end transaction.

Also I guess the very purpose of Letter of Credit (Financial Document) is created with particular Amount is it expires once the Amount is utilized.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

andrea_brusarestelletti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

thank you very much. As a matter of fact, it was also my assumption.

But anyway, my requirement comes from a real business scenario, where credit letters are used in this way, so thinking about it: the amount of the credit letter is a "warranty" issued by a bank to prevent a selling company from the risk that the customer doesn't pay for the goods sold. But if the customer then pays for those goods, it's not so strange that it can use tha "warranty" again.

My last statement was just for sharing my thoughts and for discussion purpose

Thank you again for your answer.

Best regards,

Andrea

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One option is you can increase the value to that extent and also extend other validity dates via VX12N.  But I am not sure, whether these fields are in editable mode once you assigned the document reference to a sale order.  If your client is not willing to go with this option, then you can consider credit management through which also, you can prevent creation of sale orders.

G. Lakshmipathi