Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do the PGI two times with two different price for one sales order in MTO

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

Hi to All experts,

Now we are in MTS Scenario (Discrete manufacturing) but recently we got a requirement saying that need to change the business process to MTO

but here everything is ok, we have created a sales order for 10 quantity with reference to that through MRP we have produced assembly part numbers. i'll delivery 5 numbers but now the price will be 200 , remaining 5 quantity i'll deliver next month by that time the price will be 250 so in this situation how to change the price for remaining 5 quantity in Sales order...

please suggest any possible things are available based on your experience

Thanks,

Venkatesh Babu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Dear Venkatesh,

This can be achieved as follows:

Step 1: Maintain the new condition records for the price through the T-code : VK11.

Step 2: In Copy Control, Delivery to Billing ( VTFL) , at item level change the pricing type to 'B' - Carry Out New Pricing. This will determine the new price in the billing document as on date.

Thanks & Regards,

Md Faiz Abbas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would say; Do not allow backorders (customer master setting) so if a partial delivery takes place due to material availability issue the remaining schedule line qty will be rejected, a new order will generate and because the pricing is completed on the date it is done in the order your new order should have the most up-to date pricing.

EDIT: I would actually recommend against what you propose, that's why my solution does not fit the guidelines you mention in your query. You can as previously mentioned maintain different pricing on different schedule lines. Anything is possible but I do not believe the SAP design (standard) supports this.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venkatesh,

In the sales order, your company "promises" to sell at 200 and after sometime you company wants to over-rule that promise and sell for 250

Ofcourse, the terms and conditions dictate how the business is carried out.

Having said the above, probably don't change in sales order, just change in the 2nd bill, by user going in to Tab conditions and changing 200 to 250. Any issues in that?

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vankatesh,

You can do that, there are some options:-

1) In VK11(Create) or VK12(Change) (Price condition master record)change the material price after you did the first delivery transaction of that sales order and before doing the second transaction  change the latest rate in VK11 and while doing the invoicing in the material condition update the price by selecting the option B

2) If you dont want to go with the 1 option then ask your ABAP team to make a user exit through which you can change the amount in sales order even you have did one transaction.

3) If you dont want to go with option 1 & 2 then last option is after doing the PGI and invoicing of that SO, close it or reject it fully and create a new SO which will be having either new price or manually you can give it.

Regards

Parag Pandya

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

confirm if your pricing is manual or automated

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Siva Prasad Vasireddy,

Thanks for your reply

we will update the price manually

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hI,'

if the system is not allowing to change the price after partial delivery,then you can punch the same item two times in the order as 5 each and give different price for the two line items

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Update option is available in billing document where you can fetch the new pricing from condition record.

G. Lakshmipathi