Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On-Premises & On-Demand

sahana_ps
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I know it's been discussed in many forums ,but still I am not clear about few things.

Below are some questions:

1]     Difference between On-Premises and On-Demand?

2]     Is NW SAP PI  'On-Premises' Integration Solution?

3]     On-Demand and Cloud Integration both are same?

4]     Can we do Cloud Integration using NW SAP PI or do we need HANA Cloud Integration (HCI) to do this?

5]     Data Integration can be performed from HCI,this can not be done in NW SAP PI?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

On-Premises means you are having physical server present with your customer. SAP PI/ECC/CRM is a On-premises Solutions.

For On-Demand solutions,you don't need to maintain separate server, rather SAP provides you the solution on-subscription basis .No installation in server,no license cost and we can get it on-demand and only subscription fee is needed. As no server installation is needed, there is no headache to maintain the server,SAP will do that. It is multi-tenant and each customer is its one tenant.

You need to keep in mind:

1.If you are not using SAP PO already in your landscape then subscribe HCI when you need to integrate with SAP Cloud customers.

2.If you are already using SAP PO in the landscape, then you may use SAP PO for the integration even with Cloud.

Suman

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i assume both points are asking the same

4]     Can we do Cloud Integration using NW SAP PI or do we need HANA Cloud Integration (HCI) to do this?

you can use PI to integrate. but HCI is recommended.

5]     Data Integration can be performed from HCI,this can not be done in NW SAP PI?

i guess it is same as question 4.

you can check this blog