cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create credit memo with reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

When creating credit memo request (sales document) with reference to a billing document it is not possible to modify value of the sales document, in order to create a partial document.

It only happens when the billing document referred has billing plan.

I need to create partial debit and credit memo from a billing document with billing plan. Your timely help is really appreciated.

Thank you very much for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be it would have been easy to understand had you explained with an example.  In normal circumstances, when you create any subsequent document by referencing a document, you have the option to select a line item (if the preceding document have multiple line items) and change the quantity.  This being the case, were you not able to change the quantity in Credit Memo Request?

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. Please find below additional information:-

1. This issue arises only in case of scenario with Billing Plan (Periodic billing plan - Time related)

2. The original Invoice has billing plan (period - with from date and to date) and when we create credit memo request with reference to invoice, all the information getting copied and there are no issues in this. For example, invoice created with billing period 17-11-2014 to 30-06-2015. The rate as per the tab "Condition" is USD 30,000 against condition (condition type is N - Quantity yearly price). Therefore, the net value of the invoice is USD 18,666.67 (partial period 17-11-2014 to 30-06-2015). This is correct.

3. Now we need to create credit memo request for the partial amount USD 6222.22 with billing plan of the same period as per the Invoice. Because our annual rate has been reduced from USD 30,000 to USD 20,000. Therefore, I am changing the rate as per the tab "Condition" with USD 10,000 against the proposed rate (USD 30,000) from the invoice. Now the value should be calculated based on yearly price USD 10,000 - for the proportionate period (17-11-2014 to 30-06-2015) - the amount should be USD 6222.22.

4. Though, the rate as per the condition tab is getting changed to USD 10,000. the effect of change in rate is not getting adjusted the net values of the billing plan as per the tab "Billing Plan".

5. Therefore, the credit memo request is getting created for the full amount (USD 30,000) equal to Invoice value instead of USD 6222.22.

Hope the above example explains the issue better. Can anybody help me to resolve this issue? Kindly let me know if you need any other details. Thank you very much for the help.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I created a contract where value in Billing Plan tab and Condition tab matches at the time of creation.  Then I changed the condition record for pricing, clicked Update and both the tabs value gets changed and they are same.  Of course, I have created directly.  So one option is try to create a credit memo request without referencing, change the condition record and check how billing plan tab value behaves.  The other option is go to Billing Plan tab and click on "Conditions" and again click on "Analysis" so that you will get a detailed screen where you can compare this with your condition tab.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whether I create credit memo request with reference or without reference, the same issue exist.

Yes. When I click on "Condition" icon at the bottom of the tab "Billing plan", it shows the original value as per the VK11 (Condition record), it does not update the rate as per the tab "Condition" which I changed. Even though, the value as per the tab "Condition" is getting changed, the value as per the tab "Billing Plan" takes from the VK11 and it does not get changed. This is the issue.

Thanks,