C

D

Target

Message Type name

Table

Field 1

Fieldd 2

Field 3

Should I map the row to the name of the table in ECC system? Is it like for each row, one table should be create in ECC?

Again, what is the selct statement needed to select ABCD fields from database?

What should be the update query for that?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would recommend you to go through this SAP Help page in order to better understand the sender channel parameters

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_gateway20sp08/helpdata/en/7e/5df96381ec72468a00815dd80f8b63/frameset.htm

The SQL Statement will be  a simple select statement mentioning all your columns required with the correct tablename and a suitable where clause to identify the new records to be processed.

The update query is to mark the records that are processed in the polling interval. You can create an extra column as FLAG, and mark it as 1 or Y for the records that are read in the polling interval.

thus, in your select query u can select the records where FLAG is not equal to 1.

As for your mapping, I suppose,

If you are selecting from a single table , then on the target side, you can add a ROW element below your TABLE element to indicate different rows in the same table.

Regards,

Alka Panday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alka

thanks for inputs

firstly there is no flag field in jdbc table and they don't want to create flag field there.

so you say that targe structure should be like his

message type name

table (the same table name in ECC0

row

fields

is that right?

why we need one more hierarchy row above fields? is it mandatory?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In case FLAG is not possible to add, you can use any other logic to identify the rows which are already read from the database table. For example, if you have any date field which identifies when the record was created, it can be used in the WHERE clause and the update query.

The additional ROW element is required if you have to create more than 1 Table and its records through the Proxy code.

Regards,

Alka.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it mandatory for creating ECC Table name in Data Type? Anyway the proxy code will take care of it, right?

MT_XYZ

row

field1

field2

field3

is this structure enough? Or mandatory to use ECC table name as a node in target data type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, the table element is not required mandatorily in the target message type. The Proxy end coding will definitely be able to handle the same.

Regards,

Alka.

Answers (0)