Did you mean: 

How to model Multiple level BOM in SAP CTM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have a 2 PDS as follows

1. FG1--> PFG1

2. PFG1- COMP1

Now if i were to do only material constraint planning using CTM ( assume infinite capacity), what settings do i need to make in Master selection of CTM planning scope so that i constrain the FG1 demand based on the supply availability of COMP1.

Specifically what options do i need to check

1. Select dependent demand automatically

2. Start also for specified Source Of Supply

3. Perform only single level selection

Also what all do i need to include in Location product selection and In -House production selection?

If Demand on FG 1 is 100 , but COMP1 has only 50 units, i want FG1 and PFG1 to be planned with 50 units ( assume 1:1:1 ratio)

Thank you ,

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

For the first question you have to select 1 - Select dependent demand automatically. If you want to force the CTM to takes in consideration just the preferred source of supply you can choose the option 2 - Start also for Specified Supply Sources.

In the selection window for location/product tab you have to select locations/products combination that you want to consider during the CTM planning. For external procurement tab you have to do the selection by source or destination locations. For In house production you have to select the products for which you have created PDS. The CTM does not support breaks!  

You can check the CTM master data with /SAPAPO/CTM01 - Consistency check.

For the last question you need to work (after CTM run) with an rescheduling heuristic (SAP_PP_009) which can perform a bottom Up explosion. I don't think that CTM can do this!  

Hope that can help you!

Thanks.

Regards, Marius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Marius.

When you said CTM does not support breaks do you mean if i have two separate PDS in the following fashion

1. FG1--PFG1

2. PFG1 --COMP1 would it not work in a single run?

Would it rather work if i split into multiple runs?

I did not give the complete details of what i tested in the original post in an attempt to not overwhelm others with information.

Also when you say CTM does not support Bottoms up explosion does it mean not support multiple level constraint propagation? My understanding is that is the main function of CTM to plan multiple levels.

Here is what i already tried.

Test 1: Single CTM run

Checked the ' Select dependent demand automatically' & ' Start for specified sources of supply'

In Location products i included all the 3 Products ( FG1, PFG1, COMP1)

In In  House production i included only FG1 and PFG1 since i dont want to replan COMP1. In our scenario COMP1 is manually constrained by planners.

Strategy: Replan all orders/ Delete orders that are not firm
Planning scope : Demand profile : FA/EL/AV

Supply: All supplies in model.
Backward scheduling.

System result:

System plans FG1/PFG1 with 50 units but also causes supply to change at COMP1 level.

Test 2: Multiple CTM runs in combination of Heuristics

Step A: Run Heuristics on FG1 to propagate 100 demand on PFG1.

Step B: Run CTM on PFG1 for EL/AV demands to plan 50 units supply based on COMP1 supply of 50 units.

Step C: Delete Heuristic plan on FG 1

Step 😧 Run CTM on FG1 for Forecast based on 50 supply on PFG1 to plan 50 on FG1.

System result:

This seems to be working, but would like to know the best practice as the second approach has few limitations when i have other  BOMs with FG2-COMP1 where ranks/priorities are involved.

Thanks,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

The breaks refer to work center. The PDSs are OK.

I think that CTM doesn't support the planning at component level in a separate run. Please check note 1284461.

Thanks.

Regards, Marius

PPM/PDS in CTM Planning

Activities need to be in linear sequence - Breaks between activies can only be modeled for PP/DS PPMs, exception the function "Maximum intervall between activities" allows a global break value in SNP PPM (The function can be found in the CTM Profile Tab Setting - Master Data Setting - Inhouse production ... In former Releases the Parameter ACTREL_MAX could be used for this.) - Activity relation only: END -START supported - No support for set up matrixes; utilization parameter; set up activity - The restriction is that the output of the head component, i.e. the o output of the location-product for which the PPM/PDS was selected, needs to be at the last activity. - PI Operations ( Process Industry Operations) are ignored - No off set times supported; yield always available at the end of the activity - For PP/DS PPMs a primary resource must be defined - Utilization and Unscheduled breaks NOT supported only for time continuous resources (works fine for bucket resources).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you even tried running CTM?   You should submit a question only after attempting to test the functionality first. 

Ken