cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Lumira Cloud on Desktop - No Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've connected my SAP Lumira Desktop Application to my SAP Lumira cloud account but it seems that it couldn't access my documents from the cloud. I can publish documents to the cloud using the desktop application but I can't retrieve them. I tried using different SAP Lumira Cloud account but still the same problem. Here's a screenshot for your reference:

Is there something that I need to do to show my documents from the cloud to my desktop application?

Thanks

FYI:

SAP Lumira Version 1.20.0 Build 36 on trial mode. (I also have a version with a partner key installed on my work laptop but still displays no data)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

You can only see Lumira document files in that list which you have saved either by:

1- "Upload" document files from a web browser at https://cloud.saplumira.com. You will be able to see all "Published" content as well as document files there, including stories and datasets.

Or

2 - Open up the document file you have been working on within Lumira Desktop, and go to "File > "Save As". Then choose Lumira Cloud to make sure it's highlighted blue. From there, you can save your document (it will ask you to overwrite locally) since this saving option saves to both your local machine & Lumira Cloud at the same time.

***The SAP Lumira Cloud option from within Lumira Desktop is limited to document files which are shared with you on your Lumira Cloud account from others, or ones you have saved and uploaded yourself only.

When you "Publish" content in the Share room, you're publishing stories and datasets, not document files.

The above all reflects Lumira 1.20 and any previous versions.

Regards,

K

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thought items on SAP Lumira Cloud section on the desktop application should reflect all items including published stories and datasets. I tried uploading a .lums file and was able to view it on the desktop application.

Many thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am on the same Lumira build but using the Standard edition and it works for me.

I wonder if the difference is the trial edition?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should act the same as that of the trial edition. Seems that I'm looking for the wrong items. Tried saving a .lums file to the cloud and it appeared on the SAP Lumira Cloud section of the desktop application. To be able to see published items, the web page version is the way to go.

Thanks