Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Application call PI without SOAP

former_member260907
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having a scenario that a web application (Java) will send data to PI, and PI will pass over the data to SAP. The Java person doesn't like to use SOAP, because it is too complication. And they want PI to provide the URL, so they can send data to it. Anybody has any idea? If can provide a test program, would be much more appreciate.

Thanks a lot!

Charles.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

First of all if you use SOAP sender channel you can give the java developer an WSDL. With the WSLD and the eclipse, the java developer can use for example WSDL2Java (http://www.javatips.net/blog/2012/09/cxf-wsdl2java-example) that generates automatically all the classes needed, i'm not a java developer and i can generate a client in a five or ten minutes depending the XML payload structure.

For Hareesh suggestion you have an test tool in this Prabir Bhadra's blog

Another solution is to pass a file for example via NFS/FTP/FTPS/SFTP and you do a polling in the shared directory.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

former_member260907
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody's inputs. I will take a look at HTTP Adapter and get back to you. Useful infomation would definitely be rewarded. We have dual PI 7.1. Java person wants a sample program on how to call PI url. I am not a Java person though.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

A Java client to call PI URL is like another Java client to call an HTTP address. Check this link html - How to send HTTP request in java? - Stack Overflow

Regards.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

If you are in Dual Stack or PI version < 7.3, you can directly send data to PI HTTP URL without defining any adapter.

SAPTechnical.COM - Scenario on HTTP Client to RFC

For more information on URL:

Defining Query for Plain HTTP Inbound Channel - Configuring the Plain HTTP Adapter - SAP Library

Regards,

Nabendu.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use HTTP adapter if he don't want to deal with web-services(soap adapter).