cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modification check failed - SFTP sender file processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a SFTP to SFTP scenario. We are seeing this message intermittently in the sender channel monitoring "Modification check for <filename> failed. File will be removed form Process list". I believe interval for modification check option in Processing tab takes care of this.

These are the configuration parameters.

Poll interval: 300

interval(mSec) for modification check: 100

Doesn't this mean it should check for modification check flag every 100 miliseconds? Instead, I get this message once and it stops processing. It is not even an error. It just gives this message and stop polling.

I have scheduled the channel to be open only for 2 minutes in a day. As a workaround, should I keep it open for 6 minutes so that it can poll one more time and pick the file in the second polling?

Any pointers would be of great help.

Thanks,

Ravi Desai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Doesn't this mean it should check for modification check flag every 100 miliseconds?

Yes , I should check for the modification check flag every 100 milliseconds.

Alternate way is :- increase polling time and channel should be open more than polling time + modification check time . Open channel for 10 mins and polling time 2 mins and modification flag 100 milliseconds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the workaround Rudra. I have increased the polling time for now.

However, I fail to understand why the channel stops after the first modification check. Isn't it supposed to keep checking it for modification flag? Is it because I have checked the option of "stop message processing after faulty file" ? But then, this would not be considered a faulty file in my opinion.

suman_saha
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think if you check pre-matured file,it may count as faulty file. Just uncheck the option and test and let us know.

Suman

Answers (0)