Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business rationale for multiple rule sets

santosh_krishnan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

First, this is not a question, but I do have questions in this discussion.

Multiple rule sets - I get the technical reasons why you'd suggest that a golden copy be retained but where is the business requirement for this?

What I'm trying to clarify is that the SAP provided rule set is a starting point.  If a business does their rule set customization activities correctly, then that customized rule set is now going to be their base line.  What reason would they have to go back to the SAP GLOBAL?

If they do their rule set customization incorrectly, even then they don't really have a fall back by having the delivered GLOBAL rule set ... so why is everyone pushing for a copy of GLOBAL to be customized?  What is the true business value in retaining an uncustomized GLOBAL on the GRC ARA?

Thanks,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh

If a business is going through their processes and defining everything from the start then it is fair to say why bother even activating the BC Sets.

My reason for copying and retaining is because I am not an Internal Controls person I like to see what SAP recommends as baseline risks. For me, it's more the transaction combinations and risk summary that I like to remain across. I like to keep the copy to compare when SAP releases quarterly (I think) changes to the set.

By having SAP standard (even if I just keep in Development) then I can see what they are changing each time.

However, I agree with you. If you have properly defined risks and gone through the process then you may not feel like the need to pay any attention to SAP's releases.

Regards

Colleen