cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on logical system conversion for standalone systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

We have a Production landscape . We need to build a new system from the ECC Production . This new system will function as Production system for another company.This company will only have ECC system to start with hence no connections to any other SAP system. After the new ECC system is built I want to delete all the logical system name definitions. Usually we use transaction "BDLS " to convert logical system names but in our scenario as there are no target logical system names , how can I actually delete all the logical system name entries in the newly built system for the new company.

Thanks and Regards,

Pravash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pravesh,

You will create logical system name after this installation.

Why ?

Goto client maintenance (choose Goto -> Detail) and click F1 key for more.

Once a name is assigned, run BDLS and do the conversion.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravash,

As far as I can understand, Your new system doesn't have its logical name so you can not run BDLS.

Is that Right?

What you can do is, In your new system, create a logical name using BD54.

After that run BDLS giving the logical name you created in the new system, this will replace logical system to the new one in all the concerned tables.

AC

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pravash,

Hope you are doing good.

The deletion of logical system names in a productive environment is not generally supported.
You can however use /nBD54 for this activity.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

SAP AGS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hemanth,

Thank you for the early response but my query is a little different .Let me explain it better.

Usually we use tx "BDLS" to convert logical system name after a system copy. Now in our case for the target copied system being standalone there are no logical system names defined so when I run "BDLS" it will ask for "target logical system name", which we do not have . So here how do we get around this problem . "BD54" I can use to delete the logical system names but it will not delete the logical system name entries existing in tables which will usually require "BDLS" to be run .

Thanks and Regards,

Pravash 

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now in our case for the target copied system being standalone there are no logical system names defined so when I run "BDLS" it will ask for "target logical system name", which we do not have

Even is the system is "standalone" you must create a logical system when you create your "test client"...  The only clients that do not have a logical system assigned are standard SAP clients (000, 001, 066)

Regards, JP