Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target URL Vs SOAP Address

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a SOAP receiver adapter scenario.

Is it mandatory that whatever the url specified in the channel should match the SOAP Address in the WSDL ?

Reason being asked is I have an existing interface which is working fine for company A that has the company A address in WSDL given by external party.

Now, we are extending the scenario to different landscape for Company B . So is it enough if I just change the target URL for external party or Do i need to reload the entire wsdl generated by external party for Company B.

Regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

My few cents, The WSDL is used mainly in the ESR to have the XML structure to have a structure to work in the mapping, in the integration directory is not used at least i only remind the SOAP AXIS adapter in determined scenario. If you are using the same PI for the two companies you would need only to do an extra configuration in the integration directory, the ESR development can be the same. If the PI is diferent you would need the WSDL for the mapping, to redo the scenario in the other PI machine, or to use a dummy target schema and to do a XSL or java mapping.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Is it mandatory that whatever the url specified in the channel should match the SOAP Address in the WSDL ?

AFAIK - it is not mandatory.

for example if external webservice had three environment Dev, QA and Prod then we import the WSDL only in Dev and transport the same WSDL (for DEV webservice) to further env.

regards,

Harish

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AFAIK - As long as you change the target URL and soap action properly it should work.  Make sure you have given target URL(endpoint) and action (operation name) as expected by company B

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

In my case, it is just the target URL. SOAP action is not there.

Regards

Sam

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Then only change in configuration (target url in comm channel) will sufficient.

regards,

Harish