cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sell non-stock material

former_member189886
Active Participant

We have a requirement –

Company is selling trainings to customer. These trainings either they buy from vendor and then sell or directly sell from their side. This is valuated but non-stock material.

How can I map this in SAP from Sales order point of view?

What material type (NLAG/DIEN), Sales order type, item category and schedule line cat I need to select?

Requirement is – We cannot sell more quantity than what we have. There should not be mismatch in purchase and sell quantity.

If I try to post GI against delivery, system is trying 601 movement type and searching for storage location stock. And this is non-stock material.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sagar,

I tend to agree more with Siva than Bojja.

How can I map this in SAP from Sales order point of view?

What material type (NLAG/DIEN), Sales order type, item category and schedule line cat I need to select?

Requirement is – We cannot sell more quantity than what we have. There should not be mismatch in purchase and sell quantity.

If I try to post GI against delivery, system is trying 601 movement type and searching for storage location stock. And this is non-stock material.

material type = DIEN

Item category group = LEIS (service w/o delivery)

Item category = TAD (service)

schedule line category = CD

Sales document type only plays a role is determination of the item category. Standard SAP has OR linked with TAD linked with CD.

In material (training) keep Availability check = KP (no check)

This requirement is difficult to handle, you don't want to keep any stock in inventory, then how will system compare sales order qty and stock?

tw

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member189886
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your reply

former_member662097
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sagar,

Your requirement fill with standard service sales process. Here you have to create service material with Material Type DEIN than run the normal process:

• Create SO
  • No need to create Delivery(As Service Material)

• Create billing with reference SO

Except this change every thing will be similar to our standard procedure.

Hope it is helpful for you.

Regards,

Shatrughan Singh

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

item category group-NALG

item category-TAX when this is using system not check any storage location , picking quantity

so we can use this .

Message was edited by: BOJJA SIVASANKAR REDDY

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can treat this item as service material-basically you are selling the service to the customer so there will not be any delivery

you have sales order------->Invoice